Author Topic: NuPoint Supervised Transfer Query  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Martin

• View Profile
NuPoint Supervised Transfer Query
« on: August 14, 2018, 06:09:36 AM »
Hi all,

Another problem I have come across with this. I dont know if this is possible really but it feels like it should be considering its a feature for use in call director.

When using supervised transfer through NuPoint, this goes through to a user or a group and say for example they miss the call...The missed call will be showing from a NuPoint Port rather than the external caller. This makes sense in a way as it will be the port which is performing the supervised transfer. However there must be a way to show the external number as the missed call as its not like the user can go and ask the NuPoint Port who the external caller was! Its not very useful when call history on desk phones and MiCollab clients are full of missed calls from ports..

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

P.s I have already investigated all CoS options on the controller and also the FCOS options on the NuPoint server. Turning "Use held caller ID on transfer" allows phones to see the external number when the call is being transferred however the missed call will still be from the voicemail port if they dont answer.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint Supervised Transfer Query
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 07:21:45 PM »
Why not unsupervised?

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 06:15:28 AM »
Using blind transfer means the call is sent back to the MiVoice Business system rather than keeping the call flow in call director in NuPoint. The call flow in this particular case requires various alternatives and programming that would be tricky to configure on the standard MiVB due to restrictions on the amount of alternatives/rerouting to other voicemail mailboxes.

Keeping the call in NuPoint using various supervised transfers means a great deal more flexibility and control over the call, e.g. no answer timers, looping the call round certain groups or pointing to a completely separate voicemail without using ACD paths or complex programming on the controller itself.

Offline busarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 01:00:58 AM »
Using blind transfer means the call is sent back to the MiVoice Business system rather than keeping the call flow in call director in NuPoint. The call flow in this particular case requires various alternatives and programming that would be tricky to configure on the standard MiVB due to restrictions on the amount of alternatives/rerouting to other voicemail mailboxes.

Keeping the call in NuPoint using various supervised transfers means a great deal more flexibility and control over the call, e.g. no answer timers, looping the call round certain groups or pointing to a completely separate voicemail without using ACD paths or complex programming on the controller itself.

Martin, I know it's a very long time ago, but could you ever solve this issue? Because I'm having the same problem today... Thanks!

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »
Apologies mate I cant remember if I ever got to the bottom of it or not. Let me know if you do, will be useful to know!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10