Author Topic: Mitel 5000 two different ring types  (Read 2416 times)

Offline EnderWho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 two different ring types
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:57:07 PM »
I have four extensions that are part of a call routing announcement, ext 1000, ext 1100, ext 1200, ext 1300,.
Extension 1300 also rings if its direct phone number is called. can I have extension 1300 use one ringtone if the call flows through the call routing announcement and a separate ringtone if it's direct number is called.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 two different ring types
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:37:37 AM »
EnderWho,

Distinctive ringing is not a feature of this system. What some people have done is used the Secondary Extension Key function as a distinctive ring function though.

To do that you would have to send one of the calls to a phantom extension instead of x1300 directly; I would choose the CRA path myself. Then setup the keymap for x1300 to use a Secondary Extension key of the phantom. When a call comes to that phantom it will provide a "distinctive" ring even if you are on a call. Then all they would have to do is press the button for the phantom, which should be flashing, to answer the call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline EnderWho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:21:23 PM »
Thank you that's exactly what I needed it worked perfectly.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »
What about a case where a customer has lines appearing on the phones and the current phone system allows for distinctive ringing on trunks.  This customer has a line that rings differently because it is for a separate business.  From what I have been researching, the 250 does not have a way to allow distinctive ringing on trunks.  Does anyone have a work around?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 04:22:12 PM »
Refer to Reply #1 above.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »
bvtech,

Wow, some customers just try to run into traffic I guess, but if you really want to use a trunk with distinctive ring on it then you will need a device that can detect distinctive ring and then send it to different ports. I remember using a device some 15-20 years ago, and although I couldn't find it I think this would work for you.

http://www.faxswitch.com/distinctive_ring.html

As far as I know there aren't any phone system out there that have distinctive ring detection native to its trunk interface, but then again I don't work on a lot of different manufacturers either. Hopefully you realize that this will require you to hook the device up to two different trunk ports and only one trunk can call out at a time since it will be busy for the other.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 07:20:15 AM »
Yes, there are systems that offer distinctive ringing on a per-trunk basis. It's is a feature that users do appreciate. Unfortunately, it's not available on the HX.

Other than using a Secondary Call Key, I've used analog ringers as hunt group members to provide a unique audio indication, but that has limitations as well.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
The customer currently has an Iwatsu VS which does allow for distinctive ringing on CO lines.  I tried the Secondary Call Key and it does work, except that I get a message that says "Please wait while your call is being transferred to Ext. XXXX.  Can this message be disabled on that Application Extension or is that a system wide recording.  My guess is that it is system wide and that if I change it that will affect every mailbox.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
bvtech,

It can be system wide of individual Mailbox or Extension ID.

If you want System Wide then go to Voice Processor > Application-Related Information > Auto Attendant Information > Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt: No (this is yes by default)

This will shut it off system wide, but then it can still happen with phones with Mailboxes and Extension IDs if they have the following flags set.

Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes or Extension IDs > {mailbox, extension ID} > Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt: No (this is yes by default)

If the devices doesn't have a Mailbox or Extension ID it will use the first option change; the system wide one. If it has a Mailbox or Extension ID it will use the second option. This way it allows for granularity.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 03:19:59 PM »
Thanks a lot.  That did the trick.  I appreciate it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10