Author Topic: NuPoint - VM messages delivered to Cell (Not Working)  (Read 810 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
NuPoint - VM messages delivered to Cell (Not Working)
« on: August 07, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
I was curious if anyone ran across this. We use NuPoint and have our network tech do an on-call rotation. One user while logged into the VM box went through the prompts and got his info (Cell Number) entered in, got an On-Call but when the NuPoint called him and asked for the Passcode, he entered it and......nothing. (His phone is an iPhone 8 and his Carrier is Verizon). I tested the next morning with my mobile phone (iPhone 6s Plus and T-Mobile) and it tested out just fine for me., I was able to enter in the passcode and hit the prompts to listen and delete messages.

At this point I think it is a DTMF thing with the carrier. What are your guys' thoughts?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint - VM messages delivered to Cell (Not Working)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:43:59 PM »
**UPDATE**

Did some more troubleshooting with the cell phone that is reported to not be working. We have auto attendant and when he calls in, he is able to enter in digits and get transferred. But again this works on a different cell phone. When the user calls in and attempts to check messages, he again is being blocked from entering in a passcode. The user is checking with his carrier (Verizon) now.

**2nd UPDATE**
Verizon walked the user through resetting the DTMF tones on his iPhone 8. Still having same issues. We have another user who also has Verizon and is able to gain access to their mailbox, but is unable to enter in the passcode to check messages. We've rebooted the MAS/NuPoint system, but that didn't resolve the issue.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:20:09 PM by irongladiator »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 05:07:19 PM »
What kind of trunks?

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 04:14:41 PM »
Hi acejavelin,
They are PRI Trunks.

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10