Author Topic: System keeps rebooting  (Read 1261 times)

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
System keeps rebooting
« on: July 31, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »
Hi,

I have a SX200 EL system that keeps on rebooting for some reason, all the logs show is "Main Control Power up!" last week when the problem started I had error logs like "excessive message set removed from service" on two DNICs which I replaced and the alarm status went back to  "No Alarm" but that did not fix the rebooting issue and now all I see on the logs is  "Main Control Power up!", any idea on what might be causing that?

Attachment is a screenshot of the current logs.

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
Re: System keeps rebooting
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 03:43:34 PM »
here is other logs messages from yesterday.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »
First thing I would do is replace the Bay Power Supply in the control bay, and make sure that cabinet is on a UPS, or at the very least a new surge protector.

Also, start getting printouts of the programming... Get a USB Serial adapter (or a second one) and connect it to the printer port and dump all the programming you can get. Not saying it's failing, but lets be honest, this thing is pushing 20 years old and it WILL fail eventually.

Most digital systems I tell people have a 7-10 year lifespan... Digital "PBX" systems like Mitel SX200EL, SX-2000, Meridian 1, etc. I say have a typical lifespan of 12-16 years. The customer should at least start planning for a replacement or upgrade path.

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »
I have four bays in this site, you suggest replacing the power supply for all of them? and those bays are on a UPS that its batteries been replaced recently.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 05:56:39 PM »
I have four bays in this site, you suggest replacing the power supply for all of them? and those bays are on a UPS that its batteries been replaced recently.
No, the control bay (the one with the MCC installed) first.

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »
Hi, It ended up being the  Bay Power Supply, the RINGING light was solid red all the time when I replaced it the light cleared and the issue was solved. Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10