Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Hunt group and call routing announcement forwarding.  (Read 2075 times)

Offline EnderWho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hello, i have a hospital that has a main location and two clinics on site. Clinic A has a hunt group set up and the call routing table send call directly to this hunt group. Clinic B has a call routing announcement set up with digits translated to connect to Ext., and a hunt group if option 4 is selected. The call routing table is set up for Clinic B to send calls to the call routing announcement.
When these clinic close for the day i need one Ext. at each site to forward, all calls to a call routing announcement for the after hour clinic. I can not use STAR because the hour at these clinic changes frequently also night mode is being use by my call attended for a different process.  Is there a way to accomplish this? Thank you.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 Hunt group and call routing announcement forwarding.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »
In the CRA, you send the call directly to a "master" phone at each location, then build a system forward path to go to the normal day location, and apply it to that "master" phone and move it to the top of the list, set the options to Station - Immediate to Yes, System Day/Night Mode to Yes, and Fwd Call Type - Call Routing Table to Yes, set everything else to No.

When forwarding isn't active, calls from the CRA will follow the System Forward Path, when forwarding is set on the phone it over-rides the system forward path.

Caveat... The user of that phone cannot have their own person DID number.

Offline EnderWho

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 01:47:25 PM »
I am not sure how to set a phone to master, and get a call to route to this master phone and then have the CRA pick up the call? This is the first 5000 i have ever programmed if you could, please give me more detail on this process to get this forwarding set up.   Thanks for the help.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 10:39:55 PM »
I am not sure how to set a phone to master, and get a call to route to this master phone and then have the CRA pick up the call? This is the first 5000 i have ever programmed if you could, please give me more detail on this process to get this forwarding set up.   Thanks for the help.
There is nothing to set... it's just a term for the phone that will do the call forwarding, nothing special about it at all just most customers call it the master or main phone.

Let's use Clinic A as an example... I will throw in extension numbers just to make it easier to understand (the numbers are not important, just to illustrate the concept).

Clinic A DID number is 222-55555
Clinic A's hunt group is 2055
The "main" phone at Clinic A is 1310
The CRA for after hours clinics is 2609

In your trunk's Call Routing Table, there is an entry for 2225555 and it's destination is 2055... Make note of the extension of the hunt group, but we are going to change it to send the calls to 1310.

First, make a System Forward Path that goes to 2055, let's say System Forward Path #3. Second, in programming go to x1310 and in it's forwarding paths, add the System Forward Path #3 and double click into it, set the options to Station - Immediate to Yes, System Day/Night Mode to Yes, and Fwd Call Type - Call Routing Table to Yes, set everything else to No. Go back up a level to the Forward Paths on 1310 and if there is more than one listed, drag #3 to the top of the list.

During normal open clinic hours, people dial 222-5555, and the call comes in the trunk and hits the Call Routing Table, which sends it to x1310. The system then looks at x1310 and find a forward path that is specific to Call Routing Table calls, applies in Day or Night mode, and occurs immediately, so the outside caller is sent to System Forward Path #3 which rings hunt group 2055 like normal. To everyone involved, this nothing has changed...

Except it has changed, now x1310 is in charge of all routing of 222-5555. For after hours, go to x1310 and activate Call Forwarding to 2609 (Feature 355 2609 then Hangup) and the phone should say FWD ALL CALLS TO 2609 or something similar in the display. Now if a caller calls 222-5555 the call comes in the trunk, goes through the Call Routing Table and is sent to 1310, but instead of calling the System Forward Path, manual Call Forwarding takes precedence and the caller is sent to the after hours clinic call routing announcement of 2609.

In the morning when the clinic opens, the receptionist at 1310 just cancels the call forwarding and the calls go to the hunt group again.

Clinic B is identical, except for the main phone extension and instead of the system forward path being created to send it to a hunt group, you send it to the current CRA, and setup everything else the same. Now Clinic B is in complete control of their calls as well and independent from Clinic A or any other service or system mode.

If this is still confusing to you even after looking through the programming, I would suggest contacting your vendor... This isn't the easiest or most difficult thing to setup on the MiVO 250, but it definitely falls in the moderate difficulty category. If it's outside of the scope of your knowledge, there is no shame in getting assistance.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:51:37 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10