Author Topic: Mitel 5330 IP phone  (Read 865 times)

Offline cisco4networking

• Gain spirtually by helping others who need help
    • View Profile
    • GarmyanCharity
Mitel 5330 IP phone
« on: July 31, 2018, 03:40:23 AM »
Dear All,

Good morning to you all.

A hospital in a town in Northern Iraq has been given some IT equipment by an Oil & Gas company to use. I am only helping the hospital to see if I can use some of these equipment for their activities. Among these equipment there are around 40 Mitel 5330 IP Phones and a Mitel 3300 CX II Controller.

I am trying to see if I could connect these phones internally for them so they can communicate among their department using these phones, but to be honest I do not know anything about these phone and I would appreciate your assistance on this regards.

I am only trying to install these phones internally, so my questions:

1_ Can these phones be used internally only with this controller or would I need any other equipment?
2_ Obviously, the phones will need to be IP configured, so could I enter these configuration through the phone setting, controller, or a browser?
3_ Do the phones need to be updated with the system they have? How is it normally done?

I would appreciate your help and assistance on this regards if possible please.

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Cisco4networking

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5330 IP phone
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:22:17 AM »
You can certainly use it for internal communication. Licensing will determine amount of users allowed.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5330 IP phone
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:28:24 AM »
Answers are going to be quite vague and broad as it all comes down to the configuration on the 3300.

1_ Can these phones be used internally only with this controller or would I need any other equipment?
Yes, you have adequate equipment by the sounds of things.

2_ Obviously, the phones will need to be IP configured, so could I enter these configuration through the phone setting, controller, or a browser?
It is usual for phones to receive configuration hints with DHCP options. The DHCP service on the phone system is capable of doing this.

3_ Do the phones need to be updated with the system they have? How is it normally done?

With a TFTP request to the phone system. The handset will update its firmware the first time it contacts the phone system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10