Author Topic: NuPoint Supervised Transfer Issue - Audio Delay  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Martin

• View Profile
NuPoint Supervised Transfer Issue - Audio Delay
« on: July 30, 2018, 11:17:04 AM »
Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue as its causing a bit of a headache..

We're using the "supervised transfer" option from a menu within a NuPoint mailbox, when the call is being transferred after the caller has picked an option number, the call rings the destination phone, when they pick up there is about a 1 or 2 second delay in the audio coming across to the caller.

The caller will continue to hear the on hold/transfer music as if the transfer was still active even though the call has been answered. This ends up causing an issue where the recipient of the call answers to greet the caller and they wont hear this, causing confusion for both parties when the audio eventually comes through.

This only happens when using supervised transfer, all other types are fine for example if I use blind transfer there is no audio delay at all. This has happened on all virtual NuPoint installations we have used so far, including standalone, NuPoint on MiVoice Business Express and also on a virtual MiCollab appliance.

Any ideas would be much appreciated as it essentially renders the function useless, where if it worked like it should would save a lot of programming time!

Cheers

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Supervised Transfer Issue - Audio Delay
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »
I've just discovered the solution to this issue just after posting this. If anyone comes across this in the future, its a setting in the configuration of call director. This relates directly to the line group that the NuPoint port is assigned to. In my instance it was line group 1.

Under the line group configuration, find "Transfer Sequence Properties" then find the dial string sequences for "Supervised Transfer".

In here you should see: S+XG

If you remove the G character this will remove the dial string function of waiting for a voice or auto answer. If you save this, next time you complete a supervised transfer through NuPoint, there will be no delay on audio!

Hope this comes in useful!

Offline bronislaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:37:19 PM »
Hi Martin,

First up, thanks for posting :) I've just come across the same headache and I hoped your post was the answer to my hours of head-scratching :D I removed the "G" from the line group config and whilst the delay is now slightly reduced, there's still about 2 seconds delay between lifting the handset and the audio channel being connected :(

Similar to you, I've noticed that the other transfer types don't have this problem. I appreciate that this is an old post now, but if you can recall anything else which might have helped reduce this delay I'd really appreciate the guidance :)

Cheers!
Nat

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 03:35:36 AM »
Hey Nat,

I've had this issue on a number of systems.
I rasied a ticket with Mitel and they confirmed it was a bug (NPM-2242 – NuPoint Audio delay on supervised transfers) and fixed it with a patch.

If you have access to the Mitel KMS there is an article with this and a number of other patches to be applied to NuPoint.
https://mitel.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1012527

This got it down to around the 1 second mark (If you pick up the phone and count the external caller hears the end of one) which they confirmed is the best they can do without impacting other services.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10