Author Topic: third-party softphone app for iiphone?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
third-party softphone app for iiphone?
« on: July 27, 2018, 07:38:03 AM »
Hi gang,
Is there a good iPhone softphone app other than the MiCollab app that works well in a MBG/teleworker scenario? I just want it to be able to make calls as if it were a local extension (whether on local wifi, remote wifi, or cellular data), and we don't need any other video/chat/directory functions.

Thanks!
-dg

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: third-party softphone app for iiphone?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 11:53:36 AM »
Hi gang,
Is there a good iPhone softphone app other than the MiCollab app that works well in a MBG/teleworker scenario? I just want it to be able to make calls as if it were a local extension (whether on local wifi, remote wifi, or cellular data), and we don't need any other video/chat/directory functions.

Thanks!
-dg
CounterPath Bria
https://www.counterpath.com/softphone-apps/

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
You now have to sign up a subscription with Bria.  Zoiper on iOS is free for internal calls, you have to purchase / upgrade to make external calls using G711/G729 codec but I use it for testing all the time. 

Bria on Windows PC (X-Lite) is free to make all calls!  I use this for softphones on tablets.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:55:53 AM »
You now have to sign up a subscription with Bria.  Zoiper on iOS is free for internal calls, you have to purchase / upgrade to make external calls using G711/G729 codec but I use it for testing all the time. 

Bria on Windows PC (X-Lite) is free to make all calls!  I use this for softphones on tablets.
I believe Bria has been tested and approved in the Mitel SIP Center of Excellence, which is why I suggest it... The OP made no request for it to be "free".

And X-Lite is amazing... it is my go to test tool for SIP devices. "Oh, your device won't register and my PBX has the wrong setup? Let's just throw that info I emailed you into X-Lite... Works fine for me, it's your problem." Even tech support has asked me, "Did you try it in Xlite?"

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10