Author Topic: Direct Inward Dialing Service - Changing the DN  (Read 2622 times)

Offline GabeDavid

• View Profile
Direct Inward Dialing Service - Changing the DN
« on: July 25, 2018, 01:29:15 PM »
DID Routing is really frustrating on this thing.
LONG STORY: For some reason the previous tech who worked on this thing pointed a DID to another office (maybe the guy didn't want to answer his own calls anymore?). They now want that DID pointed back to the original office. First I tried changing teh DN to the receptionist extension. That did not work. Changed it to a Ring Gorup, still did not work. Now I'm pointing to the original (probably) Mailbox as a Call Director (IVR) in NuPoint. BUT the calls keep ringin to the IVR in the other office. I can't seem to find where the setting is to have the DID ring to the correct office.

SHORT STORY: Need to point my DID to the correct extension/IVR, but it keeps ringing the old extension/IVR. Where else should I look for where this DID is routing to?

I've made the change under: Mitel 3300 MiVoice Business. In the System Administration Tool -> Call Routing -> Call Handling -> Direct Inward Dialing Service.
Looked in Call ReRouting, Users and Services, Telephone Directory (all of them), and every other suggestion that Google kicked back to me. I don't see individual DIDs listed under SIP trunks, and I have a limited understanding of how inbound rules work on this system. Theres just so much overlap and convoluted redundancy, that I'm luck to have been able to figure out a simple IVR on this thing. >:(

So, where am I NOT looking for the did route? Please help!  :o  :'(

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Direct Inward Dialing Service - Changing the DN
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 01:55:32 PM »
Check system speed dial... probably where you will find it.

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »
If you don't find it in the speed dial like acejavelin said, you might want to check the Call Rerouting Alternatives.  You will be looking for the Directory Number column that shows where the calls are going to now.  The DID might be coming in as a 4 or 5 digit number and rerouted from another.  Hope this helps.

Offline Ericlaracuente

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 10:55:21 AM »
I would check if the number is being re-routed:
Go to Call Routing - Call Handling - Call Re-Routing and check for the destination number there.

If no routes are found, you can try to dep-provision the number (delete it) wait for a few and try re-provisioning the number back. The DID should route to its new DN but if it doesn't then check your numbering plan and see if something changed from there. The only time I have seen DiDS not working is when you don't own the number.

Offline GabeDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 01:10:17 PM »
Check system speed dial... probably where you will find it.

Thanks, acejavelin. that did it.
It was configured as a 7 digit instead of 10, which is maybe why i over looked it at first.
Well, technically it was: "System Speed Calls" which makes even less sense, but I found it and it worked.

I had checked every menu item marked as 'routing,' but none of them seemed to be configured, or if they were it was a block of DNs.

Thanks everybody who put in a possible answer, you made this thing slightly less frustrating today.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10