Author Topic: Redirecting conference assistant  (Read 751 times)

Offline temple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Redirecting conference assistant
« on: July 25, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »
Hi, we use the Mitel conference assistant a lot. It's setup on extension 1020 and also has a DDI assigned to it.

I've noticed that my internal users have started to dial the external DDI to access it, which is obviously taking up two SIP channels for each caller.

I've tried creating a route group so that when the external DDI is dialed, an associated facility group dials the conference assistant, but it's not working as I just get ARS is unavailable when testing.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to achieve this please!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Redirecting conference assistant
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:14:45 PM »
temple,

This is not a 3300 so you can't do it the same way you would on a 3300. Personally, what I would do is just reject calls to that DDI by making it a restricted number to be dialed which will force them to start using the extension number or call via their cell phone.

If you are really wanting to make this work the only way I can think of is fake the system out in thinking that the call is leaving the system whhn it isn't. You can do this by taking your built-in Loop Start Ports and physically connecting them to your built-in Single Line ports; the more the merrier even though you only have 4 of each.

Once that is done then create a CO Trunk Group for the 4 built-in Loop Start Ports; don't use the default PP011. Then have the Single Line Ports setup as House Phones to dial the Configuration Assistant. If that doesn't work then try setting up a System Forward Immediate to go to the Configuration Assistant. The reason I say it may not work is the Configuration Assistant may identify the Single Line Ports extension as the extension that is being modified by it.

Then go into Facility Groups and create a new one for your CO Trunk Group with the built-in Loop Start Ports, but don't have it use any of the Dial Rules so nothing is sent after it goes off-hook. Then go to your Route Groups and set it to use the Facility Group that you just created and set your Dial Pattern to be the DDI that they are calling; viola.

This way when the number is dialed it will go to the Route Group that identifies with the built-in Loop Start Ports. The Loop Start ports go off-hook and dial nothing, but the Single Line Ports will send it to the Configuration Assistant. You can only have as many people using it as your have Loop Start Ports connected to Single Line ports, which by default is only 4. This is assuming that you are not using any of those ports already.
Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 01:52:39 PM »
Wouldn't it just be easier to block that one number in ARS? People would figure it out real quick. :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:28:28 PM »
acejavelin,

Yah, that is what I was saying I would do as trying to make a work-a-round for that is a pain in the backside.

Thanks,

TE

Offline temple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 06:40:41 AM »
Thanks all, I think I'll just reject the number!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10