Author Topic: No Dial Tone  (Read 7506 times)

Offline msmithjr1375

• View Profile
No Dial Tone
« on: July 24, 2018, 01:59:02 PM »
One of our Mitel VoIP phones is not getting a dial tone at all. The display does list the extension and I can see the IP address when I reboot the phone. Is there a possible feature code that would cause this? The phone model is an 8662.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No Dial Tone
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 06:49:17 AM »
msmithjr1375,

Do you get service order tone when you lift the handset or if you press the speaker button?

If you don't get it when you lift the handset it could mean that the phone is in headset mode. If it is in headset mode then just dial the Headset feature code [Default:317] to turn it back on again.

It could also be that the phone is setup as a House Phone to dial a digit(s) automatically and then you wouldn't hear anything right away. If this is the case you could dial * to try and cancel the feature and see if you get service order tone back.

Thanks,

TE

Offline msmithjr1375

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:34:27 AM »
Thanks for the info. I do not get a service order tone when I lift the handset or press the speaker button. I will use your suggestions and will post back if that was the solution.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:19:18 AM »
msmithjr1375,

Does the display change when you lift the handset or press the speaker button?

What happens if you press the volume controls while the phone is idle do you hear it raise and lower the ring volume?

It could just be that the phone itself is bad.

Thanks,

TE

Offline msmithjr1375

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:24:28 AM »
The phone itself is be bad. I heard nothing when pressing the volume controls. We are just going to order another one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10