Author Topic: Mivoice plugin Skype for business error  (Read 2093 times)

Offline flitz

• View Profile
Mivoice plugin Skype for business error
« on: July 21, 2018, 03:17:31 AM »
Hey Guys,

We are having a laptop type specific issue.
This only occurs on our HP EliteBook 840 G5 laptops.

When starting the Mivoice client it states this error :

Tried reinstalling, clearing profile, etc...

We have this issue on all of our 840 G5 laptops, on all our other laptops it works correctly

Ideas ?

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: Mivoice plugin Skype for business error
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 07:32:27 AM »
1. Exit Skype for Business.
2. Repair the office install using online repair.
3. Uninstall and install the plugin.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 06:57:14 AM »
I have seen this where there is a mismatch of office products, caused by using windows update to upgrade the S4B client, In the worst cases where an online repair has not worked I have had to remove all versions of office (Think I even had to use an office cleaner tool) then reinstall all office products from the same source.

Offline jsmaage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 05:32:23 PM »
Any luck with this? I've tried the suggestions in doing online repairs, uninstall/reinstall, nothing seems to work? S4B 2016 w/ all updates, plugin version 7.3.0.308.

Tried running procmon.exe from SysInternals to track the error and don't see much out of the ordinary other than it first looks for the Mitel DLL's in C:\assembly, then eventually finds them in the Program Files\Mitel folder.

Offline jsmaage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 09:31:48 AM »
Figured it out this morning! No need to go through this whole uninstall/reinstall process, just involves renaming a few files or folders to make the client use it's own DLL's instead of the latest versions from Microsoft that are obtained through updates.

Navigate to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

Look for the following folders and rename them or rename the .dll file inside each one.

Microsoft.Lync.Controls
Microsoft.Lync.Controls.Design
Microsoft.Lync.Controls.Framework
Microsoft.Lync.Model
Microsoft.Lync.Utilities

Make sure S4B is closed and any Mitel applications (PlugInWatcher.exe, MiVoiceLync.exe, UCA.exe, etc. are killed).

Relaunch S4B and the plugin should now load! Since it can no longer find these alternate versions of files under .NET it will now use the files included in the MiVoice program files installation directory. I haven't found out if this breaks any other functionality yet within S4B. I'm guessing it could effect other plugins/addins but not sure what else yet - I'm just happy I finally got it working. Hopefully this helps someone else out.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10