Author Topic: Replacing my 5000  (Read 1332 times)

Offline downhillhotrod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Replacing my 5000
« on: July 12, 2018, 03:57:28 AM »
I have a 5000 box that has been a bit flaky of late and I was wondering, if I acquire another 5000, will I be able to upload my DB and xml files to get up and running again?

I 'assume' all should be well but thought i'd ask first as I'm relatively new to Mitel and may well be missing something.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing my 5000
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:22:57 AM »
If you are calling it a "5000 box", you are simply not qualified to troubleshoot the problem.

A qualified technician will be able to determine if your issues are hardware or software related, and identify the steps required to solve the problem.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:26 AM »
DND ON is absolutely correct... and the answer to your question is no, well, most likely not. There are other considerations like software version, license key, compact flash, etc.

Or are you referring to a MiVoice 5000, which is completely different than the MiVoice Office 250 (formerly the Mitel 5000 CP)... the MiVoice 5000 is a rebranded Aastra product.

Offline downhillhotrod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 10:13:54 AM »
DND ON is absolutely correct... and the answer to your question is no, well, most likely not. There are other considerations like software version, license key, compact flash, etc.

Or are you referring to a MiVoice 5000, which is completely different than the MiVoice Office 250 (formerly the Mitel 5000 CP)... the MiVoice 5000 is a rebranded Aastra product.
Thanks for the reply.  :)
We have a 5000 MX ( https://goo.gl/images/zW1PcQ ) and i'm looking to get one to act as a backup so, I'll have time to match the specs.
Would you say this is feasible?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:20:00 AM »

Thanks for the reply.  :)
We have a 5000 MX ( https://goo.gl/images/zW1PcQ ) and i'm looking to get one to act as a backup so, I'll have time to match the specs.
Would you say this is feasible?
That is an HX chassis of the MiVoice Office 250... And although you can get the hardware, this won't help with license issue. Every system has a serialized license that is unique, and only the Mitel Authorized vendor holding your AMC record can transfer or update it.

You can have a complete system on the shelf and restore the database but it won't function without the license key for that serial number.

Honestly, just find a good vendor with spares in stock and maintain your software assurance and you should be good

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 10:22:24 AM »
Oh, and to be honest... Mitel equipment is not very prone to failures, the core hardware rarely fails. Best bet would be to have a couple phones on hand and know how to swap them, and leave the rest of it to your vendor.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline downhillhotrod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 10:40:18 AM »
Ah, I see.
Well, it was worth a try.
Thanks for your helpacejavelin 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10