Author Topic: Transfer call directly to an ext VM  (Read 2548 times)

Offline debbiesh

• View Profile
Transfer call directly to an ext VM
« on: July 11, 2018, 11:32:39 AM »
We have Mitel 5324 IP phones and I thought for sure there was a way to transfer a call directly to someone's VM so the caller won't have to listen to the phone ring before leaving a message.  I can't seem to find any info on it.

Can someone help?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer call directly to an ext VM
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 12:22:19 PM »
debbiesh,

This depends on what buttons you have programmed on your phone.

What you need to look at is the following.

Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Applications: Look to the left of each Application under the Type Column and one of them will Voice Mail; remember the extension.

Now you can do this on your phone. Dial 396 and then press each button on your phone and see if any of them are programmed with the extension of the Voice Mail.

Another way to look for it is under the Key Map Groups to see if there is a PKM of Voice Mail and where it is on the keymap.

Once you find that then all you need to do is when you have a caller on the line press the Voice Mail key and then the user's mailbox number and hangup; easy. If you don't have a button of Voice Mail then just press the Transfer Key and then dial the extension for Voice Mail and then the user's mailbox.

Thanks,

TE

Offline debbiesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
Thank you for your quick response.  I'll see if I can make it work.

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »
I'd like to chime in on this conversation.

@Tech - unless I'm misunderstanding something (which is very possible ha), it seems like your proposed method is for how to send a caller you already have on the line to voicemail. I believe Debbie wants to know if there is a way to directly send a caller (that's not on the line yet) directly to voicemail, rather than answer the call and perform your method.

I'd like to know if this is possible. I already know how to transfer a caller that's already on the line to a voice mailbox. However, I don't know if there is a way when my phone is ringing, to push a button and send that caller directly to my voicemail rather than let it ring. We're using 5320 and 5330 IP phones. A couple users here have the 5360 phone with the touch screen display, and when they want to send a caller to voicemail, they simply push the button that appears on the screen "Send to Vmail".

I'm going to look and see if there is a feature code for something like that where you can add that function to a programmable key.   

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
Jcatucci812,

Yes, the feature code is called Redirect Call (default: 331).

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 09:58:34 AM »
Jcatucci812,

Yes, the feature code is called Redirect Call (default: 331).

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Tech! That's what I was looking for.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10