Author Topic: Default Database by Accident / Restore help!  (Read 923 times)

Offline dbetlow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Default Database by Accident / Restore help!
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:24:45 PM »
A new admin just defaulted the database!   I don't see a restore option, even though when I go to Backup, it says a backup to the system was made last night.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Default Database by Accident / Restore help!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 04:59:49 PM »
A new admin just defaulted the database!   I don't see a restore option, even though when I go to Backup, it says a backup to the system was made last night.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
Open the programming software (Session Manager) and connect to the system... then in the toolbar select Operations, Database Operations, Restore Backup, and select Database from a PC then browse to the file. If you don't have a backup and only have the one on the CF card, just remove the power without performing a shutdown and reconnect the power, in theory it should restore from the backup automatically (I don't know of a way to manually revert to the backup on the CF).

Offline dbetlow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 05:25:33 PM »
Open the programming software (Session Manager) and connect to the system... then in the toolbar select Operations, Database Operations, Restore Backup, and select Database from a PC then browse to the file. If you don't have a backup and only have the one on the CF card, just remove the power without performing a shutdown and reconnect the power, in theory it should restore from the backup automatically (I don't know of a way to manually revert to the backup on the CF).

Thanks, tried pulling the power.  No luck.

Offline dbetlow

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 07:04:13 PM »
Tried pulling the plug again (just after telling it to default the database again).  This was enough to corrupt the database and get it to restore from the backup on the system (last night). 

Seem to have lost all the voicemail boxes and recordings though...

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 09:43:32 PM »
debetlow,

The backup to CF doesn’t contain any Voice Processor data only the programming.

Always make sure you perform external backups of both the System Database and Voice Processor data such as mailboxes (name and data) as well as Audiotex Recordings on a regular basis. This way you can always recover from disasters like this on better footing. You still will lose voice mail messages, but at least you are ready to start taking more without requiring users to reset up their mailbox and administrators to re-record Call Routing Announcements.

That is one hard lesson to learn and you have my sympathy.

Sorry,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10