Author Topic: 6900 phones on the MiVoice 250  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Vicbob

• View Profile
6900 phones on the MiVoice 250
« on: July 09, 2018, 03:16:04 PM »
 with the install of the 6900 phones on a MiVoice 250 I do not plan to sell this model phone! how many others feel this way?

Thanks!
VicBob

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 6900 phones on the MiVoice 250
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 04:52:08 PM »
with the install of the 6900 phones on a MiVoice 250 I do not plan to sell this model phone! how many others feel this way?

Thanks!
VicBob
We are not selling them either... if Mitel can't implement them via MiNET and continues to require a Phone Manager server we will only sell 5300 series phones or (uhhggg) digital phones, if those get discontinues we will likely just stop selling this platform entirely and move to ESI or something else completely for systems of this size/use case.

We have had these discussions many times in-house, as much as we love the MiVO250, we can't stand the way Mitel is implementing this set and it may be enough to push us out of this platform, and possibly all Mitel platforms. :/

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 09:56:49 PM »
Vicbob,

I am not going to say we will never sell them as I am not in our sales department, but I have been told that the price point per endpoint is too high to sell the new phones on the MiVO-250 and they are currently not offering it as a solution to new customers.

This means it may be an upgrade path for existing customers who already have a MiVO-250 and a Phone Manger MCS.

At this point I think for new customers they are looking at the following solutions; in no particular order.

1. MiVO-250 with Digital phones
2. MiVB-X with 69xx series phones
3. Our hosted service or Mitel’s hosted service.

Since Mitel threw a curve ball on the hosted solutions I am not sure where we are with that.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:31:39 AM »
We are in the same boat.  Put us in a pretty tight spot.  We cant quote any IP devices with cordless handsets/headset unless we quote 6900 series phones with call manager.  We use to quote a 5300 series phone with cordless handset on just about every quote.  I just don't understand why they won't do 6900 series phones in Minet.  It really wouldn't help if Mitel gave us  call manager for free because having another server to keep up with upgrades, another point of failure and SWA....Just isn't worth it!!  Mitel is ruining a great system with SIP and cloud based stuff!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10