Author Topic: Fax Lines / Analog  (Read 1106 times)

Offline northernscum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Fax Lines / Analog
« on: July 09, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »
Hi there
4 digit dialing to our fax machines is working (send and receive) but when you use try sending to it from the outside it doesn't pick up. We are able to send faxes just not receive from outside.
Any idea?

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fax Lines / Analog
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »
Hi there
4 digit dialing to our fax machines is working (send and receive) but when you use try sending to it from the outside it doesn't pick up. We are able to send faxes just not receive from outside.
Any idea?

maybe speed call issue , Or PRI issue ?

Offline northernscum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
Just had mitel check and some fax lines are working, some aren't. They said it could be due to the fact that the system hasn't been rebooted in 320 days. I thought that was a good thing. No?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 05:06:12 PM »
Depends on the release. some early ones required a reboot weekly, later ones are better but I still had all mine that I looked after reboot at least every three months. of course that depends on how it is used and how much you can afford to be without it for maybe 15 minutes.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 05:06:36 PM »
Just had mitel check and some fax lines are working, some aren't. They said it could be due to the fact that the system hasn't been rebooted in 320 days. I thought that was a good thing. No?
Well, the answer is maybe... But honestly I have seen systems go years without a reboot and continue to function properly, but a reboot is a valid troubleshooting step and may fix the issue depending on the problem. It usually isn't my "go to" answer on the 3300 though as some systems can take significant time to boot and get the phones to register, sometimes up to an hour (but that is extreme).

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:17:40 PM »
You're not wrong, last reboot I did on a physical controller it took about 90 minutes before a majority of the phones around where I was sitting appeared to have failed back from the resilient controller.
I could have logged into each controller and done a "LOCATE HOTDESK USER ACTIVE" to see it more precisely.
Anyway, this is why I did it at 4am, I wanted to be sure it would be all good by 7.

Generally, I find those analog ports + ASU are the least of our worries. Are you sure there is a valid DID entry for the ones that can't receive?
When you ring it, you get ringtone and it doesn't answer?
Are they all setup on the controller all with the same Circuit Descriptor?
Sometimes the fax machine itself has an options menu where you might find something to make it pickup.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 07:01:29 AM »
One thing you can try is, take a regular old analog phone (remember those?) and plug it into the fax port and call it.
Does it ring the phone? - If yes, check your fax machine settings.

If not, can you answer it anyhow?  - if yes, a reboot may help but it may also be a problem with the ring voltage (hardware).

If you can't answer it, then it's probably not ringing where you think it is.  Using the phone, call an internal number and verify the extension.  If the extension is good, check the port for any call forwarding/rerouting or to see if it's actually ringing into your system at all.

Ralph

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 08:28:49 AM »
You could also look at the COS "ONS/OPS Internal Ring Cadence for External Callers"

If the fax answers internally this will make the ring cadence the same as an internal call.

Some fax machines can be sensitive to the ring cadence.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10