Author Topic: USA local numbers on UK based system  (Read 995 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
USA local numbers on UK based system
« on: July 09, 2018, 10:07:45 AM »
We've got MiVB set up in the UK and we're opening an office in USA and we'd like to have a local number on our system - has anyone found a way to do this?

There is only a single member of staff at the moment so it isn't worth setting up a whole system in the US.

Any ideas would be good!

Thanks

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: USA local numbers on UK based system
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 10:31:09 AM »
Hi Jeremy.

As long as you are using the full area code and not using local dialing for the UK it is easy.
American numbers are 10 digits in the format of a 3 digit area code followed by 7 digits beginning with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 so don't clash with national UK numbers.

Set up multiple dialing rules 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98. They should all expect 9 more digits (this cover all American number prefixes.)
Set this to go out over a new route/route list using your trunks with a new digit modification.
Set the digit modification to absorb the 9 and add in 001.
The actual outbound number sent will be sent in the International format +1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.

You can always then use COR to restrict this to only the USA extensions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:33:22 AM by Magpye »

Offline Jeremy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:10:12 AM »
That's helpful, thanks.  How would I go about getting a USA DDI number set up so we can call out and show a USA number?

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:54:14 AM »
Hi Jeremy,

Without International SIP trunks of some sort you would have to point a USA number at one of you UK DDIs for inbound and withhold your number on outbound (use the digit mod to insert 141 aswell as the 001)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 12:14:25 PM »
We have done some of this for multi-national companies... Telnyx supplies local numbers for the US, UK, Ireland, and many other countries including Toll-Free service in most of North America and Europe.

https://telnyx.com/

DISCLAIMER: I am not associated with this company in any way, and it is just a recommendation based on experience with a single multi-national customer with systems in Ireland, the UK, Switzerland, USA, Singapore, and India... I am sure there are many other companies that can do this for you as well.

Offline mike.d.2018

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 03:54:55 PM »
Hi Jeremy,

RingLeader, Inc. would be happy to help with this. We'll even set it up for free just to prove to you that it'll work. Please give me a call directly if you're interested. My phone number is 540-369-6950. - Mike D.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10