Author Topic: programmable key button missing on IP phones  (Read 3466 times)

Offline lneib

• Contributer
    • View Profile
programmable key button missing on IP phones
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:05:22 PM »
Need some help, I am every new to the Mitel phone system but we have a few 5320e VoIP phones on a Mitel 5000 and when I go into settings on the phone I do not see a key that says "programmable keys" I was trying to use this to set up speed dials for the individual person using the phone. Can someone please give me some assistance on how to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: programmable key button missing on IP phones
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
Ineib,

Programmable Keys is a folder under the phone that will allow you to set any of the user-defined programmable keys associated with the key map they are using.

You will want to set it to Station Speed Dial and then select the Bin number that they programmed their number under.

I find it easier to just let the user do it from the phone though. All they have to do is press the undefined key and then put in the code for Station Speed Dial (382) and then pick the Bin that has the number they want assigned to that key; easy.

There aren’t very many keys on the 5320 though so it may be better to just give them the Station Speed Dial feature code on a key to access all 10 quickly.

Hopefully that answers your question,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lneib

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 09:51:05 AM »
Thank you, I thought you could make a "page 2" for personal speed dial numbers. Is that not true?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
Thank you, I thought you could make a "page 2" for personal speed dial numbers. Is that not true?
The 5320 set does not support multiple pages of keys on the MiVO250... you can use Primary and Secondary keymaps though but it generally burns a key on both keymaps for "Toggle keymap" feature key.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 07:00:18 AM »
lneib,

Each IP or Digital Phone in the MiVO-250 can have two seperate keymaps associated with it.

If you look at the phone(s) that you are wanting to have a different keymap you can see if they are already setup for it.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Ext} > Keymaps

Under here you will see three seperate entries:

1. Standard IP/Digital Telephone Keymap Group
2. Alternate IP/Digital Telephone Keymap Group
3. PKM Keymap Group

Each one of these can have the same or a different number associated with it.

If the Standard and the Alternate Keymaps have the same number then they have the same keymap if you use the Switch Keymap Feature Code [Default: 399].

If they have different Keymaps Associated with them AND they are not the Default Keymap Group then you will need to look and see what they are programmed for.

If you go to System > Phone-Related Information > Key Assignments > IP/Digital Telephone

You will see the list of Keymap Groups programmed for your system; you can have a total of up to 25 different keymaps. The numbers associated with each Keymap Group is what is shown under the Extensions Keymaps section.

You can create a new 5320 keymap and program it to have nothing but User Programmable Keys that are not used in the users Standard Keymap and then set their Alternate Keymap to be the new 5320 Keymap with nothing but User Programmable Keys.

If you do that then I would suggest that you also go to User Programmable Keys under the Keymap Group and set them all to Undefined. Also go to the Phones' Programmable Keys section and do the same.

System > Phone-Related Information > Key Assignments > IP/Digital Telephone > {Group ID} > User Programmable Keys

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Ext} > Programmable Keys

It would also help to assign the Switch Keymap Feature Code to one of the keys on both the Standard and Alternate Keymap for the 5320s that are going to do this; I typically use the (x) button for this unless the MiVO-250 is set to for SPCL Key Required For Feature Code Entry.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lneib

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 01:40:35 PM »
Thanks all for the comments, I knew about the alternate Keymap already. I must have misread something on a different forum.

This is why we ask questions  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10