Author Topic: Huntgroup priority  (Read 1166 times)

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
Huntgroup priority
« on: June 28, 2018, 05:40:56 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.

I have Huntgroups A, B, C and Z and recall huntgroups for each of A-C

Each huntgroup has an extension list of a group of separate phones.
Each Recall huntgroup has an extension list consisting of the same group of phones plus the group of phones in huntgroup/extension list Z

I have set the Huntgroup Z to have a priority of 50 while the rest have a 0 priority.

When Huntgroup A has a call and it rolls over to the Recall huntgroup that includes the Z phones, while that call is ringing on it, and someone calls directly to the Z Huntgroup it stuck behind the Huntgroup A recall.

I would like all calls directly to the Z huntgroup to push to the front of the Z phones queue. Is there a different way I should be attempting this.

Thank you
Kenny

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Huntgroup priority
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »
MrNitch,

Short answer; yes.

So, for each huntgroup, A-C, you will need to create another huntgroup to Recall to that has a higher priority than A-C, but a lower priority than Z. This new huntgroup can reuse the same extension list(s) as Z with no problem.

Hunt Group A [priority 0] recalls to Hunt Group D [priority 10].
Hunt Group B [priority 0] recalls to Hunt Group E [priority 10].
Hunt Group C [priority 0] recalls to Hunt Group F [priority 10].
Hunt Group Z [priority 50].

So, when a call comes into Hunt Group Z it will have a higher priority than Huntgroups D-F and therefore its calls will be offered first to an agent that has just become available to take another call. There will be times when an agent will be offered a call from one of the Huntgroups D-F if those calls have already queued up on the agent before the call comes into Huntgroup Z; if that makes sense. So, basically if the agents becomes available to take a call and there aren't any calls in Huntgroup Z and they are offered a call from one of the other Huntgroups then they are no longer considered available for when a new call comes into Huntgroup Z, but the next available agent will get the Huntgroup Z caller before receiving a Huntgroup D-F caller.

Thanks,

TE

Offline MrNitch

• View Profile
Re: Huntgroup priority
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
Yes that does make sense, and is how we have it setup and is how it is working. I did not realize that it would not push infront of a call that was already ringing on a device though. I will explain it to the user.

Thank you!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10