Author Topic: Mitel 5000CP System Administration and Diagnostics  (Read 3387 times)

Offline kelleycomputing

• View Profile
Mitel 5000CP System Administration and Diagnostics
« on: June 27, 2018, 05:35:56 PM »
Im an IT provider at a small law office, and we have a Mitel 5000 CP phone system running software version 4.0.3.99. Our current telecom provider is giving us the runaround with regards to management of this phone system (they billed us 1 hour of labor just to provide the admin password for our phone system via telephone!), and we'd like to bring some of the management in-house, as well as confirm that we have the correct administrative credentials for the device (provided by the previous provider) before we let the provider go and find another support company to help us with the device.

I've attempted to find the System Administration and Diagnostics software (or whatever will allow us to install/run the Mitel DB Programming application), but it looks like Mitel restricts download of that software to partners only.

Is it possible to get the required software for our version of the phone system (4.0.3.99) from anyone on these forums? We'd be greatly appreciative for any help getting us out of this sticky situation!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000CP System Administration and Diagnostics
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »
kelleycomputing,

Typcially, you would need to get the software from your current vendor. What you find out, at some point, is that you will need to get your ARID moved over to your new provider; you can call Mitel about local providers.

Now, after I gave you the boilerplate answer there are other ways to get the software, but let me suggest that you get the System Administration and Diagnostics software and then get the DB Programming version for you system; 4.0.3.99. This way you know the software will work with the latest version of Windows as the software for version 4.0.3.99 may or may not be able to work with your version of Windows.

I will send you a PM to let you know where you can get the software from.

Thanks,

TE

Offline T.Gaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 10:46:08 PM »
I have a Mitel HX Console running 6.0.9.69 looking for Admin and Diagnostics software, No support from Mitel, venders, or even related sites and saw some had success from this site. Happy to see some finally supportive! Thanks in advance!

Offline T.Gaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:48:43 PM »
I am also looking for A&D Software for 6.0.9.69. Got it from a guy who sold it to me and told me he could program it and now I can't get ahold of him and no official Mitel source is helping me out and I saw you guys are pretty supportive. Thanks in advance!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
T.Gaddy,

The problem you are running into is not a good one as you bought the system 2nd hand so the licensing isn't associated with you or your business; that is why Mitel can't/won't help.

Unfortunately, you will need to work with the person who sold you the equipment to get the licensing moved over to a local Mitel Certified Dealer that can work with you.

The other issue you may have, if the person who sold it to you doesn't know, is what the password is for the system. This isn't too big of a problem as you can default the database that is in it and it will retain the Application Record ID for the licensing. Then all you would need to do it program it from the ground up once you figure out what kind of licensing it has.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10