Author Topic: Remote 6900 series phone on MiVO 250  (Read 3006 times)

Offline SS

• View Profile
Remote 6900 series phone on MiVO 250
« on: June 27, 2018, 10:21:02 AM »
I have contacted Mitel Pre-sale support and received info that 6900 series phones can be setup on the MiVO 250 with MCS without use of MBG.
Does anyone know what needs to be done. I have phone connecting, obtaining the extension and button programming but message "No service" is displayed. Can not make or receive a phone call.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote 6900 series phone on MiVO 250
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »
SS,

Sorry, I haven't run into that before, but let's see what we do know and what may have been missed.

The 6900 has to be able to communicate with the MiVO-250 via SIP [5060] and to the MCS via other ports [69, 80 and 8202].

So, it sounds like you are getting to the MCS, but not to the MiVO-250 since you should still be able to use the phone if the MCS is down.

Did you make sure to put the Public IP Addresses in the locations you need it for SIP phones to work; Under IP Settings and IP Configurations?

I would look at the licensing for both the MiVO-250 and the MCS since the phone has to have licensing on both servers.

Thanks,

TE

Offline SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 01:11:46 PM »
Thank you the reply,

You are correct it looks like I am not able to connect to the 250. It is strange since I am able to connect other SIP phone we have for testing. Also, this same 6900 works without problems when connected locally. SIP settings are entered in the phone correctly. Not sure what to look for further. Will check about licensing.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 08:54:35 PM »
SS,

Are you remembering to change the Networking from Native to NAT when moving the phone outside of the LAN? If you don't then the MiVO-250 will send its local IP Address instead of what is configured under IP Configuration for SIP devices or IP Settings for SIP Trunks.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 10:31:55 AM »
On your firewall, make sure port 5060 is locked down to the remote IP address of the remote phone.
The MiVO 250 doesn't handle SIP attacks well, which is why Mitel recommends using an MBG with 69xx series phones.

Offline SS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 12:32:55 PM »
Thanks for the info. We are always allowing access only form the specific IP. Unfortunately, problem is that we are not able to get this working. 5300 series sets are working fine, but 6900 do not. Getting a message No Service and any button programming is not showing up on the sets. Extension number and name are there but can not make or receive a call. Tried everything. Even opened a ticket with Mitel support.

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
Remote 6900 series phone on MiVO 250
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 01:20:13 PM »
Actually, when using the 69xx phones, they only connect to the phone manager, and not to the 250 at all. That way you can leave port 5060 closed to the outside world for better security. The 69xx connects to the phone manager thru different ports and the phone manager talks to the 250.  This is why you don’t need an MBG gateway, the phone manager assumes that role. This threw me for a loop as well until I spoke with tech support and they verified it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline SS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »
Thank you for reply bobr1. Can you, please, provide info how to set this up. We have opened a ticket with Mitel tech support and they told us to ask Xarios since they are makers of the Phone Manager. At this point we have spent many hours on this and still do not have an answer. I have ordered anMBG to try it but even for that tech support has no info.
All this is so clumsy and unpolished, it is a shame.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 08:10:00 AM »
At this point, why is anyone selling 69xx phones for use on an HX?

A sexy SIP endpoint that was never designed to work natively on this platform

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 03:48:11 PM »
At this point, why is anyone selling 69xx phones for use on an HX?

A sexy SIP endpoint that was never designed to work natively on this platform
We don't sell it on the 5000... period... Not as long as having Phone Manager is a requirement.

Until they decide to implement MiNET properly on the MiVO250 system, we won't be selling any 6900 series phones. We have even had conversations that we may drop that platform completely if Mitel decides that is the primary phone for this platform. Possibly going to ESI or something else.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »
SS,

What bobr1 is telling you is the same thing you would have to do if you were installing the Phone Manager SIP Softphone on a remote client or Smartphone.

You would setup the Client Locations under Site Settings so that the Remote Side has the FQDN or Public IP Address pointed to the MiVOAS [Phone Manager MCS] and the Local Side has the LAN IP Address of the MiVO-250 MiVOAS. Remember if you have a PS-1 then the LAN Phone System IP Address would be the PS-1 not the Base Processor.

In the MiVO-250 you would need to set the NAT IP Address under IP Settings to the Public IP Address that is pointed to the MiVOAS since this is where SIP gets its Public IP from.

Since I have never set this up in this manner I am not sure if the SIP Peer Profile would need an Alternate IP/FQDN listing or Route Set added; this would require turning On-Line Monitor on.

Make sure that you get a Valid 3rd Party SSL Certificate since you don't have a MBG in-between the MiVOAS and the Internet.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. I guess as some point I should take the 5.1 Phone Manager and 6900 Set training to familiarize myself with this even though we are not going to sell anymore of these.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:41:28 AM by Tech Electronics »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10