Author Topic: SIP trunk (Outgoing Call)  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Manny Nazaire

• View Profile
SIP trunk (Outgoing Call)
« on: June 20, 2018, 08:15:35 AM »
We are new to Mitel and face issue as follows:

SIP trunk is thru MBG.
We are able to receive calls with no issues (Whether it is DID Calls or routed thru call flows - MICC) but when an out going call is place it doesn't work - Busy Tone.

From trace of the service provider, they said the IP address is sent rather than the calling number.

Appreciate if someone can provide clarity on this issue.

Manny

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SIP trunk (Outgoing Call)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 01:26:51 PM »
That sounds like an odd issue... What phone system, can we assume this is a 3300 (MiVoice Business or MCD)? Is this a new issue where calls were working, or this an issue with a new trunking service?

Personally, I would look at the traces yourself... In the MBG you can do a packet capture, start the capture and place a test call, then download the packet capture file and open it in Wireshark and go to Telephony - VoIP calls and look at the FROM and TO fields, or filter based on that call and look at the INVITE packets in the SIP section to verify what you are sending to the ISP.

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 10:51:46 PM »
Some SIP providers expect to see specific TO and FROM formats. If you know what they require, you can check what is being sent to them by doing a trace as acejavelin mentioned. There will also be a SIP error message that is usually returned. What is the provider sending back to you?

Offline Ericlaracuente

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
Call your SIP Trunk provider and make sure that your SIP Profiles is configured correctly. Otherwise, I've had this happen once to me, and it was a service issue with the SIP Cube, the vendor had to service it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10