Author Topic: Mitel 3300 VM to hosted exchange email help  (Read 998 times)

Offline aguado

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 VM to hosted exchange email help
« on: June 13, 2018, 04:31:01 PM »
We have a Mitel 3300 CX II controller that I was told use to send VM's to an email@company.com address.

At some point they switched from a self-hosted exchange server to a cloud hosted exchange via app river and this feature stopped working.

I've read a few posts on the subject but I can't seem to get it working. The last advice I got was our exchange provider (app river) may have to enable or set up something on their end to allow the e-mails to come through. I called appriver, who directed me towards our appriver supplier, and our supplier said they couldn't figure it out (Hooray). I changed the forward e-mail to a gmail account and had no luck either.

Anyone been able to set up the VM to email using a similar setup? Thanks!

Offline aguado

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 VM to hosted exchange email help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
Someone mentioned I may have to bounce our mitel through a local SMTP relay server and then deliver it to Appriver?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:55:29 PM »
Someone mentioned I may have to bounce our mitel through a local SMTP relay server and then deliver it to Appriver?

I would think you may have to

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:29:42 PM »
Do you have access to Mitel Online? Just download a current version of MSL and install it on a PC and configure it as a Mail Relay server... No need to license or anything. Even though I would recommend getting an approved server, this is just a customized CentOS distribution... In the past, customers have just picked up $50 servers from the local State Surplus office and thrown in an old HDD and it works fine for this one application.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10