Author Topic: MiVoice Office 250 connect to FreePBX  (Read 4783 times)

Offline Dunners

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVoice Office 250 connect to FreePBX
« on: June 13, 2018, 04:54:42 AM »
I am looking to connect our production MiVoice Office 250 to a new installation of FreePBX so that extension on the FreePBX box can ring through to the extensions of the 250 and possibly vice versa.

I've tried following this guide http://technologyordie.com/mitel-5000-asterisk-integration and got to adding the SIP Trunk Group, when dialling the trunk number it appears to connect so i can dial a number on the PBX but that says Destination is not responding, and we get the sys alarm #145 out of svc message, this then clears itself.

Has anyone else configured their system this way, and have any pointers as the where I'm going wrong?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice Office 250 connect to FreePBX
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 08:29:13 AM »
Dunners,

I don't think is something that a typical Mitel Dealer actually works on since there "typically" isn't a need to do so, but that doesn't mean we can't help you out with your issue.

So the Alarm 145 means the following occurred; this is from the system alarm help file.

SIP keep-alives or consecutive calls for the specified SIP peer have failed beyond provisioned failure threshold. This alarm is raised when operating state of the SIP peer (Trunk Group or Voice Mail) changes from In-Service (INS) to Out-Of-Service (OOS). This alarm is cleared automatically when the SIP peer moves back to In-Service state.

Correct any provisioning error for the SIP peer, or resolve any network or other issues that are causing the SIP keep-alives or calls to fail.

In order to do this you need to find out what problems you are having with the SIP trunks. Turn on On-Line Monitor by going to View > On-Line Monitor and then say OK to the Warning that shows up; this should turn your left-hand portion of your application from light grey to dark grey.

Next go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > General Configuration and change the two following settings.

SIP Message Output Format: Full
SIP Log Level: Debug

Next go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups > {92xxx} > Configuration > SIP Message Output Format: Full

Just to make sure you don't miss anything let's go to one more place while On-Line Monitor is on.

System > Maintenance > Message Print > Print Expanded Message Print: Yes

Now you should be able to turn on your System Administration and Diagnostics and go to your System Output tab and hit the play button on Message Print to see your SIP Message live.

Now you should be seeing your SIP Messages coming in and going out of the System. If you can't read SIP messages then just post them on here and we can help you figure out what your issue is.

When you are done don't forget to change the following back.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > General Configuration > SIP Message Output Format: None

System > Devices and Feature Codes > SIP Peers > SIP Trunk Groups > {92xxx} > Configuration > SIP Message Output Format: None

This way your system logs don't get filled up with a lot of unnecessary information. You can leave the Expanded Message Print set to Yes that has no impact on the processor or the logs too much.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dunners

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:05 AM »
TE thanks for the guidance on logging. Attached is the log.

It seems that I am getting the message 'SIP/2.0 500 Internal Server Error'.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:48:39 AM »
Run sngrep on the FreePBX box and watch the SIP conversation.

Is +5802 a valid extension number?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:51:08 AM by Dogbreath »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 10:02:36 AM »
Try changing your Nat setting in your SIP Peer on the MiVO250.

Offline Dunners

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 10:10:30 AM »
Run sngrep on the FreePBX box and watch the SIP conversation.

Is +5802 a valid extension number?

sngrep details are pretty much the same as what is shown in the Mitel diag log.

5802 is not an extension in FreePBX but 5801 is.

Try changing your Nat setting in your SIP Peer on the MiVO250.

Same results when changed from No NAT or SIP-Aware NAT to Non-SIP-Aware NAT

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:06:18 PM »
Are they both on the same subnet? It looks like they aren't.

Also it looks like you are trying to call +5801, try to remove the +.
What does your SIP Trunk Config on the MiVO250 look like?

Offline Dunners

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 04:33:32 AM »
Ok, I've moved FreePBX on to the same subnet.

Configuration is attached.

I will need to figure out how to remove the +. I am dialling the trunk extension 92001, then when that appears to be connected the extension on FreePBX 5800 or 5801.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 05:17:50 AM »
Try changing E.164 to No

Offline Dunners

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 07:00:09 AM »
Ok, I have changed the trunk on FreePBX I had two options (chan_SIP or chan_PJSIP). I'm now using chan_PJSIP this doesn't give me the option to enter Peer/User options, so I must have these incorrect on the other trunk option. Now from an extension on the MiVO250 I can dial the trunk, add an extension number but get a message (from FreePBX?) that the number I have dialled is not in service +58XX.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 07:07:57 AM »
Dunners,

Yes, the E.164 is where you are getting the plus and in this scenario that is not needed.

It seems as though your MiVO-250 has a PEC is that correct? I am seeing both of these addresses within your SIP messages; would this be correct?

MiVO-250 Base: 192.168.96.1
MiVO-250 PEC: 192.168.96.2

Also, your SIP Error Code 500 Internal Server Error is usually due to the side sending the code not having a trunk available. Have you programmed a trunk on the Free PBX yet? I see that you only have 1 trunk programmed on the MiVO-250 currently so you can only make one call. Don't mistake Registration and Trunks in Service as a sign that there are trunks available on both sides; it just means that the systems were able to register to one another. The 500 error could also mean that there wasn't a Route to the other location, but it seems the message came from the Free PBX so I would guess the former rather than the latter.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 07:33:04 AM »
So now that you are using PJSIP you have the MiVO250 as the SIP server, correct?

Remember you will also need to program an inbound route on the FreePBX.

If you are getting an out of service message on FreePBX you can check the Asterisk debug to see what is happening.
I normally SSH into the FreePBX and then run the command rasterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Send a call into it and watch the debug messages. The -v's you have in the command the more verbose the debug.

Offline Dunners

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 07:38:24 AM »
sarond and TE thank you, after changing the trunk to PJSIP and setting the E.164 to no i can now call from MiVO250 to the extension on FreePBX.

Next step getting it to work the other way FreePBX to MiVO250.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 07:48:44 AM »
Dunners,

This whole thing started to sound very familiar to me so I did a search on the forums for this and I worked with another person, cgashlin01, on this exact same thing.  He even started with the same Technology or Die website that you did.

http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6889.msg30913#msg30913

There are some other threads between cgashlin01 and I, but I believe this is the end result of all of those conversations, but your welcome to go look at the other threads.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Dunners

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 08:10:09 AM »
http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6889.msg30913#msg30913

Thank you again, and apologies for not using the search function. I will have a proper read through the document on here and correct/update my configuration. With sarond and your help I have been able to make and receive calls to extensions on both systems that i set out to do, so I think it should just need fine tuning.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10