Author Topic: Ring Groups and sub ring groups  (Read 832 times)

Offline duece7

• View Profile
Ring Groups and sub ring groups
« on: June 12, 2018, 02:30:42 PM »
Hello,

I have a simple maybe not so simple question.  I have a department that would like a ring group set up but they want 2 users to ring first then if one of those 2 users do not pick up after so long, it rolls to a 3rd user.  Then if the 3rd user does not pick up it rolls to a voicemail.  I thought I could set up a ring group for the 2 users then use that extension as the first member in the main ring group but it tells me that first ring group extension is not compatible with the ring group.

Any ideas on how to make this work.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Ring Groups and sub ring groups
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:06:32 PM »
I guess I don't know why that wouldn't work... You would create 2 Phone Extension Lists, one (A) with the first two people (x102 and x103 for example), then one (B) with the first two plus the third (x102, x103, and x104). In your hunt group, you put two members, Phone Extension list A and B, set the No Answer Advance timer to amount of time you want the first list to ring (15-20 seconds is common) then set the Recall timer to double the No Answer Advance timer. Set the Recall Point to the CRA that points to the mailbox (remember you can't send a hunt group directly to a mailbox).

Offline duece7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »
I guess I don't know why that wouldn't work... You would create 2 Phone Extension Lists, one (A) with the first two people (x102 and x103 for example), then one (B) with the first two plus the third (x102, x103, and x104). In your hunt group, you put two members, Phone Extension list A and B, set the No Answer Advance timer to amount of time you want the first list to ring (15-20 seconds is common) then set the Recall timer to double the No Answer Advance timer. Set the Recall Point to the CRA that points to the mailbox (remember you can't send a hunt group directly to a mailbox).

Ok so that went over my head.  I'm fairly new to the company and mitel is new for me.  We have a 5000 series system and I haven't delt with a hunt group yet.  We have some ring groups set up that either ring everyone in the group at the same time or cycle through a few people in the group in the order they are set up.  I basically need the same setup as a cascade ring group but to ring 2 people at the same time first before it cascades to the 3rd.

Should I be doing a hunt group for that then?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »
There is no such animal as a ring group on MiVoice Office 250. Are you in the correct forum?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10