Author Topic: How to create new night service message and add it to main reception phone  (Read 1604 times)

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi, work in school and got lumbered with the mitel system, at present we have an automatic day/night service setup and working but i have been asked to change the message for holidays etc at the school. Question is i was not involved in the initial setup and dont know were to look or what to do, I got in touch with our provider and they want to charge us for someone to come down and carryout training, I asked for instructions and they said no?

We have a 3300 control can anyone give me a idiots guide to how to change the message and set it up for the main reception phone?

Thanks in advance.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
This largely depends on what voicemail system you have, whether embedded, NuPoint UM, or something else... And how the call is routed. Unfortunately, with just the given information it would be impossible to guide you in the right course of action.

Offline scottH

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks, all i know is that the main reception has a voicemail set on it and the mailbox type is down as extension in the system settings - system greetings-vmmailbox's windows.

Offline nowickj

• View Profile
First off all You must set up Voice Mail -> System Setings -> VM Business Hours Setings. Then You must record a new propmt (WAV, A-law or m-law (G.711), 8 kHz, 8-bit, mono.), and upload it in Music On Hold -> System Audio Files Update. There You must check Mailbox Greeting. In Mailbox Number field put VM box number associated to main reception number, change Greeting Type for Business Close. Add Audion File.
I hope that will help You :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10