Author Topic: Mitel Phone Manager Client - Two Working Modes?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline msg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel Phone Manager Client - Two Working Modes?
« on: May 27, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »
I'm working with the Mitel Communication Service (MCS) and the Phone Manager Client, running with a MiVoice 250 System.

We got a basic installation with the vendor, but there's still been a lot of tweaking and configuration, and I've been spending a good bit of time over the past few weeks poking around, getting a feel for the system, software, and configuration, gathering admin info, and making some notes.

One of the things I'm noticing in my testing is that there appear to be two running modes of the Phone Manager Client.  One, without Presence Profiles enabled, runs in a very simple, easy to use mode.  I'll call this Standard.  When I enable Presence Profiles, it works with Dynamic Extension Express (DEE), and a different operating mode is enabled in the Phone Manager Client.  It provides better call routing control, but seems to have a few drawbacks.

In earlier testing, I swear I had this configured so that I could log in to the Phone Manager Client in either mode, depending on whether I entered the extension as the login, or chose override, and entered a username, but I can't seem to get in and out of these modes anymore like before.  It's one or the other, depending on the Presence Profiles setting in the Client Profile on MCS.  I can't figure out how to get in and out of each operating mode now.  If I enable Presence Profiles in the client profile policy, I am now only able to log in to the Phone Manager Client in DEE/Presence Profiles mode.

I thought this was handy, as there are some times I would prefer the lighter functionality, and I think there are some users who won't need or use Presence Profiles, so this would be easier for them.  I would like them to be able to have either option, though, without me having to go to the server to adjust their profile settings.

Sort of a side note here with use of Dynamic Extension Express (DEE) enabled -- Hands Free doesn't seem to work with DEE enabled.  On IC, Users' phones ring and they have to pick up, which isn't ideal for internal calls when they're in their offices.  I understand why it works this way - call routing, I believe, and I can see where this may also be handy for when they're away from their desks but have their cells with them.  I plan to experiment a bit with this in use of a DEE button on the user's phone, so that when they're in the office, they can easily disable DEE for the benefits of Hands Free.

Phone Manager - Standard Mode
(Note presence of Out of Office and Forwarding options in the toolbar)

Phone Manager - Presence Profiles Enabled
(Out of Office and Forwarding controlled in the Presence Profile configuration)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:26:56 AM by msg »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10