Author Topic: Recreate Deleted Mailbox for new MiCollab User  (Read 2707 times)

Offline jcoehoorn

• View Profile
Recreate Deleted Mailbox for new MiCollab User
« on: May 25, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
For context, our phones are serviced by a MiVoice Business system (the "about" window shows 7.2sp1, MXe-III, and a bunch of other stuff) connected to a server running MiCollab/NuPoint (MiCollab 7.1).  We are setup to provision users in the latter system from Active Directory using Integrated Directory Service.

I have a situation where a user left some time ago. The voicemail box and Users and Services account was kept active, where the voicemail passcode was reset so the supervisor could login on occasion and check messages left there. A new user was hired. I couldn't find how to change the box for the new user account, so we made sure the voicemail box was empty, deleted the old account, and tried to recreate it.

Unfortunately, I am unable to recreate the account via Users and Services. I get this message:

Code: [Select]
Create Mailbox Error. The mailbox already exists in the system. Key (mailboxnumber)=(5604) already exists.
I am also unable to assign an existing mailbox via Users and Services. This number does not show in the list.

I am able to create the mailbox directly via the NuPoint Web Console. However, when I do this the mailbox still does not show up in Users and Services for me to connect to the user account.

How can I solve this?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recreate Deleted Mailbox for new MiCollab User
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 06:41:35 PM »
Think you need to call support

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 06:53:02 PM »
I had something similar once, and Mitel gave me a command to run on the command-line which deleted the mailbox directly from the database using the unique ID of the "ghost" mailbox.

Offline jcoehoorn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 11:04:09 AM »
Found the problem. The old user wasn't fully deleted and was anchoring the mailbox. Finished removed the old user account and I can now recreate/assign the box the desired new account.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:02:14 PM »
Guess your problem wasn't like mine and Vince's :-)

Offline Vitman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 04:20:57 PM »
I'm having the same issue with not being able to create a deleted extension and mailbox. I use IDS to create the user in the system from our Active Directory. I have a couple of extensions that are having the same issue. When I do a Locate Feature Extension it shows that it doesn't exist. Same with Locate Number. When I do a search in Nupoint it shows that that extension is free and not being used. My guess is there is a trace of them in the database but I don't know how get to it or check. Anybody have any ideas what I could do to be able to create these extensions?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 04:42:31 PM »
I'm having the same issue with not being able to create a deleted extension and mailbox. I use IDS to create the user in the system from our Active Directory. I have a couple of extensions that are having the same issue. When I do a Locate Feature Extension it shows that it doesn't exist. Same with Locate Number. When I do a search in Nupoint it shows that that extension is free and not being used. My guess is there is a trace of them in the database but I don't know how get to it or check. Anybody have any ideas what I could do to be able to create these extensions?

This is a pretty old topic, you may get more visibility posting it as a new one with your software versions.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2024, 06:47:05 PM »
Would need to see under detained users why this fails

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10