Author Topic: Corporate Directory  (Read 1979 times)

Offline insurin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Corporate Directory
« on: May 24, 2018, 05:40:33 AM »
I am looking for some guidance on integrating my Corporate directory with AD. The company who installed the current Mitel system didn't do it and will only point me in the rough direction of how to do it but they always drop in the caveat of make sure you always select 'defer' otherwise you can wipe out all your users. This is enough to put me off from doing it.

At the moment, I am manually entering in names and numbers on Mivoice Business. This puts the names on the physical phones in the corporate directory but it quickly becomes outdated etc. I have moved From Cisco Call Manager and I had that sync with AD on a user property field (Telephone Number).

All I want to do is sync an AD user Telephone field and nothing else. I do not want full AD integration. Any pointers?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Corporate Directory
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:25:38 PM »
What is your Mitel system, exactly?

Offline insurin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 04:21:05 AM »
I had a feeling you would ask that.

I have and MBG, MVB and Micollab on 1 site and on the other site is a 3300. I am not too sure how to ascertain the versions?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:42:07 AM »
So just configure your MiCollab to synchronise with your AD. It's a piece of pioss...
And tell your phone people they are %$#@%^$# $%#^@%$#.

Seriously, they should have set this up for you - what is wrong with them?

Offline insurin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 09:39:24 AM »
Is this where I add it? (attached) and the defer all operations at the bottom? What does this do? If I fill in all the details, will that then become the corporate Directory on all the physical phones and remove all the manual entries I have done.

All my phones are already configured (circa 200) with numbers and names etc.

cheers
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:46:58 AM by insurin »

Offline insurin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
ok

I have added a connection and synced a test user from an OU. It is asking for a 'Role' so I just said 'Contact'. I can see it within the Micollab desktop software but not on the physical phones. I edit the directory for physical phones on Mivoice Business.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:23:51 AM by insurin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 06:37:59 PM »
If set up correctly, Roles map to templates which should share between MiCollab and MiVoice Business . On the MiVB the template can be assigned a key template.  In The MiCollab the template will create multiple phones for the user if desired i.e. an EHDU phone and softephone, it also adds mupoint awv etc.

Offline insurin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 04:21:53 AM »
Got you Johnp

I have templates setup. I tried to import a new user and then assigned it one on my templates. This then pushed the number out to the phone device as well as the Micollab client.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
Good that you got this working, you can do a lot with the roles, making sure you give a good descriptive name helps. It gets real good when you have multi sites and various phone types where each may assign a zone call coverage or other site specific value

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10