Author Topic: How to Make Announced Transfer Ring Hands Free IC  (Read 1106 times)

Offline msg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to Make Announced Transfer Ring Hands Free IC
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:45:43 PM »
We just got setup with a MiVoice Office 250 system.
I'm having a spot of trouble with the Announced Transfer feature.

Internal IC calls work Hands Free, no problem, but when we try to transfer calls from Reception with the Transfer Button, it no longer rings the Staff Destination Hands Free IC for the announce part of the call.  They have to pickup, or press the speaker button.

Here's an example:
  • A caller rings in to Reception
  • Reception answers, presses Transfer, enters Staff Extension.
  • Staff phone rings, but not hands free.  They have to pickup, press speaker button.
  • Once they do, Reception announces the call
  • Reception hangs up, and the call transfers
  • Staff has to press the call button to pickup the call

Ideally we want it work like this:
  • Call comes in to Reception
  • Reception presses Transfer button, enters Staff extension
  • Staff phone rings hands free IC, and Reception announces the call
  • If accepted, Reception hangs up, call transfers to Staff
  • Staff picks up the call by lifting handset, pressing Speaker or Call button

I've done some reading and can't quite seem to find this scenario or how to configure it.  I feel like I'm close to getting it sorted with Flags, but can't quite seem to find it.

We are also using MCS on the back end, but Dynamic Extension Express is not enabled yet.

Any ideas on this?  Seems like I'm missing something simple.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:53:58 PM by msg »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make Announced Transfer Ring Hands Free IC
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:38:15 AM »
msg,

This is usually hard for technicians who have not worked on the Inter-Tel or Mitel 5000 for a bit.

There is a System Flag, not be confused with a Station Flag, that is used for this functionality and by default it is turned off. Here is the help file entry for it.

System Flag - Handsfree Announce On System Forward Transfer   

This is located in System\Flags.

When a phone user transfers a call to the principal phone of a forwarding path, this option determines what the caller will hear. If enabled (yes), the caller will place a handsfree call to the principal phone and can announce the transfer (the call does not enter the forwarding path). If the option is disabled, the transferring phone user will hear ringing and can announce the call only if it is answered by the principal phone or one of the forwarding points. This defaults to no.

Keep in mind though that Dynamic Extension Express will not allow for Handsfree operation when it is turned on.

Thanks,

TE

Offline msg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make Announced Transfer Ring Hands Free IC
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 02:49:44 PM »
TE - that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks very much!

I made that adjustment, ran a couple of test calls and it's working as desired now.

Yes, I did notice pretty early on that DEE affects IC.

I'm a little unclear as to what's what with MCS.  There seems to be two operating modes, one that offers Presence Profiles with the Phone Manager Client, and another that's just standard phone controls like DND, FWD, etc.  I'll create another thread with that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10