Author Topic: Changing which phones are called when changed to Night Service (3300CX II)  (Read 871 times)

Offline sidgarth

• View Profile
Hi everyone,
I am new here so please direct me somewhere else if this question has already been posted because I could not find a solution.
I have never worked with Mitel services before and have been trying to learn as fast as I can.

Currently when the Admin phone is set to Night Service a group of phones are called. Reading through whatever material I could get my hands on, call groups were the answer (pun not intended) as far as my understanding goes, however, only the Hunt Groups have non-empty fields. None of the extensions in the Hunt Groups correspond to the phones that are ringing.

I have no idea how to fix this...
Thanks in advance.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Ring Groups, like hunt groups but more configurable usuually have a pilot number but sometimes have a single DN of an existing phone

Multicall , one number repeated on different handset via key

Offline sidgarth

• View Profile
Ring Groups, like hunt groups but more configurable usuually have a pilot number but sometimes have a single DN of an existing phone

Multicall , one number repeated on different handset via key

Thanks for that x-man, however, when I look in the Ring Group tab, all the fields are empty.

Side note: Just so it is clear to me, the pilot number would be the admin number that is called during Day Service?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Pilot number is a number that only exists to control another number or function. So a hunt group has a pilot number of ,s ay, 1000 and members of , say, 1001, 1002 1003 etc. You dial the pilot number to ring the whole group. The pilot number may also be a real DN which has other numbers in the group.

With multicall its the same except the pilot number is a single number which is repeated across a number of handsets using keys. Ring the pilot number and all the keys ring on every phone they are provided on. The pilot number can be a real DN on  a handset or a DN that only exists to be the pilot number of the multicall group.

Could also be a personal ring group? What are the night service settings in call rerouting for the DN that is diverted in night service?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
If I understand correctly:

Day: Calls --> Admin Phone
Night: Calls: --> Group of phones

The first thing you need to know is, what number is being dialled to make these calls?
--> check Direct indial form and see how this number is translated
--> do commands like LOC EXT and LOC FEAT EXT on the Maintenance Commands form to see what this number is.
--> ( or check the Hunt Group, Ring Group, or Speed Dial forms to find it)
--> check the call re-routing forms to see what the Day/Night/Always/Alternative is set to for that number
--> check the sets that are ringing on the User and Devices form to see what keys they have on them and in the User and Device Attributes to see what groups they are in

Offline sidgarth

• View Profile
(SOLVED) It ended up being in the phone/user config for "Keys", all I had to do was change to "Night", thank you all for your help!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10