Author Topic: Upgrade from 5.X to 6.X Vociemail to Email stopped, Figured why, but need help  (Read 738 times)

Offline DaMan0320

• View Profile
We recently upgraded from 5.X to 6.x and voicemail to email stopped working.  Tech came out three times and could not figure it out.  I went onsite and had him show me the logs.  After much research I figured out it was requiring me to use username and password in smtp settings.  Before we just left these two lines blank because our Exchange 2013 server doesn't require it.  If I use a domain admin account's username and password it will send voicemails to email.  But I work at a place that has stringent security and won't allow me to use Domain Admin account.  How do I make an active directory account that can send emails from Mitel but is not an domain admin or exchange admin.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Doesn't normally be an admin, just a user.

Can you not have a new user created, telephonesystem@company.com or similar then send as that user?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
DaMan0320,

The reason is because there was a change in the version of Exim that is used on the MiVO-250.

You can create a standard account to send e-mails it doesn't have to be an Admin account like NTEDave has already stated.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10