Author Topic: 5340e speaker key answers internal calls, but just a dialtone with outside calle  (Read 605 times)

Offline pdxmiteluser

• View Profile
I have a user with a 5340e phone who uses the speaker key to answer calls frequently. Recently, it stopped working for outside callers. When an outside caller rings in, he hits the speaker key but just gets a dialtone. Pressing the speaker key again turns off the speaker and dialtone, and the ringing of the incoming outside call continues. For internal calling, the speaker key answers the call and puts it on speakerphone like it's supposed to.

Any thoughts as to what could change the behavior of the speaker key? I can't find a setting for it anywhere.

Many thanks!!

Offline pdxmiteluser

• View Profile
Broke down and contacted support. Glad I did, as there's no way I would have figured this out. A feature was accidentally disabled on the phone called "automatic CO access" or "auto trunk access". The feature code is 360 (or 9360 on our system as an adjacent area code is 360 and support wanted to minimize accidental triggering). Entering this code enabled the speakerphone to answer calls again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10