Author Topic: Need help with (2) Office 250's on the same network  (Read 994 times)

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Need help with (2) Office 250's on the same network
« on: May 15, 2018, 08:50:15 AM »
We have two Mitel MiVoice Office 250's connected to (2) PS's. We also have 2 voice VLANs too. How can I configure our system to register phones independant of which PS they are built on and independent of which VLAN they are connected to?

I saw on our 5320/5330 phones that there is a CP1, CP2, CP3, and CP4 settings. If the PS that shows as CP1 is the primary for the voice VLAN, is there a way to make the other PS be CP2?

I can't find much about how to cluster these and our Go Live on this new system is in a week.

The root problem is we need (2) 250's to cover all our users in one office and some users were built on one PS and some on the other. I want to be able to activate a phone regardless of which PS it was created on. I have no ACL's between VLANs.

Please give me some advice since I'm not allowed to talk to Mitel.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with (2) Office 250's on the same network
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:23:12 AM »
marcreid,

This is not an MCD with shared extensions so I don't think it will work exactly as you are expecting it to.

When you have two MiVO-250s they are considered to be separate, in terms of devices, and there isn't a failover option.

So, what you would have to do is create the phones on one system until you reach the limit you want and then program the remainder on the other system.

What we have done in the past is logically separate the build(s) into sections that allow for an even amount of phones on each system. Then we would centralize the mailboxes onto one of the systems if they didn't have Voice Processor Networking; which doesn't work as well as you would think.

Anyway, what you are seeing on the phone is what it would get from an MCD or MBG once it comes up on it primary (core) system and then finds out what its secondary system is. The only way for you to change that would be to manually touch each phone and program it for what you want, but you can't have the same extension number on both systems; so again it won't work the way you expect it to.

Sorry,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:33:39 AM »
I have three controllers with PS-1 servers at my main office. Actually four, but that one serves as a gateway for redundant SIP trunks into our DR data center.

Node 1 has centralized voice mail, Node 2 has SIP and PRI trunks, Node 3 is just phones.

Node 1 is set to provide DHCP; phones look to that controller unless told otherwise. Phones on the other controllers need to be told the IP address of the controller before you can PIN them.

Not as horrible as you would think, other than the need to log into multiple controllers to program voice mail and DIDs.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 10:44:04 AM »
marcreid,

You know what I would do; now that I thought about it a bit.

Why don't you create everyone as a Hot Desk user and then all of your physical devices as Hot Desk Bases. You can only have 250 Hot Desk Users per Node as well as 250 Hot Desk Bases [physical phones]. The good thing is that users should be able to come from either node and use a base phone from either node.

Since this option was never around when we did this before I have never done it this way, but it should work out better for you. This way you don't need to worry about the phone just how the users log onto it.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10