Author Topic: SX2000 | Cannot logon after a successful reboot  (Read 1178 times)

Offline rajthampi

• View Profile
SX2000 | Cannot logon after a successful reboot
« on: May 14, 2018, 02:25:32 AM »
Hi guys

We've a pretty old sx2000 implementation & yesterday due to some MBG issues we're asked to reboot the Mitel Communications Director. We used the command "Reset System" & the web interface was open almost after 15-20 minutes of waiting.
The implementation partner didn't change the default username and password, hence until yesterday we were logging on to the Director interface using "system" and "sx2000" as username and password. Now the attempts screaming for "wrong username and password", when we can logon to the director box through telnet using "system/sx2000" combination.

Please help us to address this issue. We were always accessing the web interface of MCD using IE later versions with compatibility mode enabled.

thanks and regards,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SX2000 | Cannot logon after a successful reboot
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 12:14:42 AM »
I'm confused... do you have a MCD (Mitel 3300) or an SX2000? They are different systems, but older SX2000's are often upgraded using a Mitel 3300 controller and the old SX2000 units essentially become just expansion cabinets.

Are you having an issue with the web interface or the telnet interface? If it's the web interface, system/sx2000 is NOT the default, try system/password.

Sorry, either I do not understand what you are saying and just need some clarification, or you do not understand what you have... but with that said, if you have always used system/sx2000 and that doesn't work and this is a SX2000, we cannot help you, only Mitel technical support can reset this password and only at the request of an authorized reseller. If it is a MCD (Mitel Communications Director/Mitel 3300 or MiVoice Business system) then the password can be reset on some software versions via the RS232 port on the front of the 3300 controller but the exact process can vary based on your software version and older versions require Mitel support as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10