Author Topic: When admin puts phone on DND or night mode system doesnt ring the next phones  (Read 1136 times)

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
Hello,

We have a Mitel CX controller with software version 6.1. When our Admin puts her phone on DND or puts the phone in night mode the system does not ring the other phones in the day hunt group or night ring hunt group. The call just rings the admin phone and doesnt even go to voice mail. I am not sure what would have caused this as it used to work and no changes have been made to the system.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
JasonPetty,

Did you mean a CS controller or a CX controller? A CS controller is a MiVO-250, but a CX is an MCD-3300.

If it is a CS controller you will need to trace the call flow manually. When a call comes in does it go directly to the Operator's extension or does it go to a CRA or directly to a Hunt Group?

My guess is that it goes directly to the Operator's extension and their system forwarding handles how to route the call based on the phone's state. Look at the System Forwarding Paths for Day and Night on your Operator's extension and see if the DND is check for any of the forwarding paths.

Thanks,

TE

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
Yes I meant CS controller. When calls come in they ring the day hunt group with the admin phone being the first phone to ring in that group. I looked under forwarding paths and there are two paths, one for voice mail and one for recall. Im not sure how that works.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Are your calls set to go the that extension first or to a huntgroup first?

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
They go to a hunt group first with that ext being the first to ring. Then it proceeds to the next group of phones. I added the day ring forward path and that fixed the issue. I also added the night ring which they will test tonight. Thank you.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
JasonPetty,

What you are stating is the call flow and what you said fixed it is contradictory, but I am glad you got it working again.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. it is probably me as I am getting older and addlebrained

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10