Author Topic: Can't answer or hang up calls even after replacing phone  (Read 3019 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
Can't answer or hang up calls even after replacing phone
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:24:41 AM »
Hello. I am administering a Mitel 3300 ICP. A user has reported that they are unable to answer a call or hang up using the handset.

I swapped their Mitel 5312 IP phone with a Mitel 5212 IP phone (the handset works as I tested the 5212 phone before the swap). I then migrated the user's phone profile to the replacement phone under User and Services Configuration. I then made an outgoing call and tried to hang up with the handset but it didn't work. Same thing happened when an incoming call was received, I could not answer the call using the handset.

So it seems as if the problem is with the user's profile in the Mitel 3300 ICP and not the actual phone. Is there some setting which enables the user to answer or hang up a call using the handset?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't answer or hang up calls even after replacing phone
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:54:29 AM »
It sounds like the phone is in headset mode.

Type "LOCATE FEATURE EXT XXX" from the maintenance commands (where XXX is the extension number)

Also you could program a headset key for the user and try and disable it that way.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
Re: Can't answer or hang up calls even after replacing phone
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 09:04:37 AM »
It sounds like the phone is in headset mode.

Type "LOCATE FEATURE EXT XXX" from the maintenance commands (where XXX is the extension number)

Also you could program a headset key for the user and try and disable it that way.

Yes, it was in headset mode. I was able to fix it by disabling headset mode with the headset key. Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10