Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Upgrading  (Read 2057 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 Upgrading
« on: May 07, 2018, 05:26:38 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel 5000 Techs,
I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if there are any repercussions in upgrading an older Mitel 5000 (Ver. 3.2.4.60) to the latest and greatest? Aside from the obvious of doing a backup, conversion and restore. Do I need software assurance, etc.?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Upgrading
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »
Irongladiator

The latest version of software doesn’t work on a CS controller or should I say isn’t supported by Mitel.

Sorry,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel 5000 Techs,
I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if there are any repercussions in upgrading an older Mitel 5000 (Ver. 3.2.4.60) to the latest and greatest? Aside from the obvious of doing a backup, conversion and restore. Do I need software assurance, etc.?

Thanks,
-Iron
Like TechElectronics, I assume this is a CS chassis? If so, you can only go up to 6.1 software and software assurance is absolutely required. In theory, you should be able to just upgrade and reboot and go, but I would definitely backup and be ready to convert and restore. A new license key will be required as well.

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 01:34:28 PM »
You will need software assurance in order to update the license to any higher major release. Otherwise your system will reboot every 4 hours.

6.3 will definitely not work on a CS controller.  I tried on my lab and couldn’t get it to complete. I had to down grade back down to 6.0 and it caused some strained things to happen to my database. A good argument for backing up BEFORE you do anything [emoji57]

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10