Author Topic: UC360 Company Directory  (Read 2683 times)

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
UC360 Company Directory
« on: May 04, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »
I am trying to figure out anyway possible for our UC360 phone to have visibility into the company directory that is on our Mitel 5000 controller.  We do NOT have AD so I cannot sync the UC360 that way.  Is that the only way possible to configure the "Corporate Contacts" section of the UC360?

Thank you!!

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UC360 Company Directory
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
Hi dhumes0524,
If memory serves, you should be able to export and import a csg file via the USB port. I've attached a .pdf that may be able assist. Good luck.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 09:11:50 AM »
Hm ok, yes I see that now.  And the PDF does reference possibly being able to export a CSV from a MiVoice 250, I am going to have to continue my research to figure out how to export the CSV.  Thank you for your help.

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 01:18:53 PM »
What columns are needed in the csv file?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 08:21:38 AM »
AH64Armament,

Did you download and read the document on Irongladiator's post?

Quote from: Mitel Document
The Conference/Video Phone imports contacts only from CSV files that are formatted as generated by either the MiVoice Business Telephone Directory export or from the MiVoice 250 Phone - Individual export. For more details, see the MiVoice Business System Administration Tool Help or the MiVoice Office 250 Feature and Programming Guide. UTF-8 characters are not supported in these CSV files.

Quote from: MiVO-250 Help File
Export Phones to File   

This option is located in System\Devices and Feature Codes\Phones\<phone>.

Use the Bulk User Export feature to export user information (Extension, Description, Username, and MAC Address) from DB Programming into a .csv file to import into MiCollab. The import process parses the description field into First Name and Last Name. The parsing uses the following rules to extract the first and last name:

If a comma exists in the description, the characters to the left of the comma are extracted as the last name and the characters to the right of the comma are extracted as the first name.

If there is no comma, but a space is found, the characters to the left of the space are extracted as the first name and the characters to the right of the space are extracted as the last name.

If there is no comma or space in the description, the entire description becomes the first name and the last name will be blank.

The .csv file contains the following headers:

ext_phone

description

username

first_name

last_name

mac_address

login

email_address

template

The “login” and “email_address” fields are left blank in the .csv file because this information is not stored in DB Programming. After you export the information from DB Programming into a .csv file, you can edit the .csv file in a text editor and edit these fields before you import the file into MiCollab.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 08:50:03 AM »
This is the export that I am running, however the Column headers I am getting are slightly different.  These are what I am getting (I am on 6.2 base):

EXT_PHONE
PHONE_TYPE
DESCRIPTION
USERNAME
FIRST_NAME
LAST_NAME
MAC_ADDRESS
ENABLE_HOT_DESK
LOGIN
EMAIL_ADDRESS
TEMPLATE

I am wondering if these extra columns are what is causing trouble?  I am going to manually match the columns to the list that you included and see if it makes a difference.  I am not sure if being on 6.2 base version could be causing my export to be different?

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 08:51:54 AM »
Just made the column headers match this:

ext_phone

description

username

first_name

last_name

mac_address

login

email_address

template

But still I had an error upon attempted import of "CSV Files Import Failed"

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 09:14:12 AM »
dhumes0524,

Did you change the name to be MN_Generic.csv?

Thanks,

TE

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 09:16:39 AM »
Yes, I have tried both that and the MN_XXXXXXX.csv where the XXXX's are the phone Mac address.  Both times I first get the CSV Files Copied message, but then afterwards immediately get the CSV File Import Failed message.  The nature of these messages makes me think it is finding the file OK, but then once trying to process it for import hitting some kind of snag and failing.  For test I am only trying to import one phone.  I have attached my MN_Generic.csv.

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 09:34:49 AM »
Also my UC360 is actually on 2.1.7.1 which looks to be 2.1 SP7.  I can't find release notes or an admin guide available for this version however to download to verify if the contacts process / format has changed at all in latest release.  There appears to be an admin guide on the Mitel site, but need a Mitel Online login which I don't have. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 01:40:42 PM »
dhumes0524,

Alright, let's start at the beginning and see where you are running into an issue.

OK, so I’ve tested this out and it actually works pretty good.

1. Download the .csv files from the Phones section of the MiVO-250.
2. Rename the file to MN_Generic.csv
3. Create the folder on your USB drive /uc360/backups
4. Move MN_Generic.csv to the /uc360/backups folder
5. Plug the USB Drive into the UC 360
6. Go to Settings > Advanced > System Settings > Contact Settings
7. Select Populate from CSV file: MiVB, MiVO-250
8. Select Import Contacts from USB
9. Check in Contacts section to see if they populated.

If that doesn't work then I am at a loss as to what you may have wrong unless there is a change since the last time I did it at 2.1.4.2.

Quote from: UC360 Manual
If an error occurs with the CSV import (for example, a missing file, incorrect file), the contacts list remains empty. Check the following:
• Verify the format of the CSV file: Only CSV files that are formatted as generated by either the MiVoice Business Telephone Directory export or from the MiVoice 250 Phone - Individual export are supported. For more details, see the MiVoice Business System Administration Tool Help or the MiVoice Office 250 Feature and Programming Guide.

• Verify the CSV file names: The directory CSV files must be MN_Generic.csv and MN_XXXXXXXXXXXX.csv (where the X's represent the 12-character hexadecimal MAC address of the specific phone).

• Verify that the CSV file is in the correct location. For an http download, place the CSV files in the same directory as the cfg files. When importing a CSV file from a USB flash drive or SD card, the files must be placed in the \uc360\backups directory

Ensure that the USB flash drive contains one or both of the following files:
• MN_Generic.csv
• MN_XXXXXXXXXXXX.csv (where the X's represent the 12-character hexadecimal MAC address of the specific phone)

1. Insert a USB flash drive containing the CSV files listed above.

2. Press Import Contacts from USB to copy the CSV files from the USB drive.

This triggers the replacement of the current Corporate Contacts with those from the files.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 01:46:56 PM »
Unfortunately that is exactly the procedure that I am following.

1. Download the .csv files from the Phones section of the MiVO-250.
I am right clicking on the phone and selecting Export Phone to File.  MiVO-250 Version 6.2.2.13
2. Rename the file to MN_Generic.csv
Correct.  Also tested different CSV version using Save As. in Excel to choose the different variations of CSV, and made sure not to use UTF-8 per 2.1 SP5 UC360 release notes.
3. Create the folder on your USB drive /uc360/backups
Correct.  USB drive tested formatted as FAT32, FAT, and NTFS all separately, in case that was making a difference.
4. Move MN_Generic.csv to the /uc360/backups folder
Correct.
5. Plug the USB Drive into the UC 360
Correct.
6. Go to Settings > Advanced > System Settings > Contact Settings
Correct.
7. Select Populate from CSV file: MiVB, MiVO-250
Already checked.
8. Select Import Contacts from USB
Correct.  Receive same message indicating that 'Contact CSV Files Copied' and then immediately followed up with 'CSV files import failed'
9. Check in Contacts section to see if they populated.
No contacts showing in this section at all.

My only hope left at this point is to find a copy of the admin guide or release notes for UC360 2.1.7.1 to see if something has changed with this version.

Could you do me a favor?  Take your known working good MN_Generic.csv, modify out the sensitive information to be generic, and then send it to me and I can try using that one to see if it works?  That may at least tell me if it is an issue with the way I am exporting the .CSV.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 01:55:23 PM »
dhumes0524,

Here is one I exported and modified to remove data. This is from the latest version of MiVO-250.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 02:02:35 PM »
I had optimism when I first opened the file, because the column headers are different than what my MiVO-250 exported.  But, unfortunately, I was still met with the same result when I tried to import.

At this point I am wondering if it would just be easier to find 2.1 SP5 firmware for the UC360 to downgrade to and maybe that would work.

Another question that just popped in my head - I don't have a microSD card inserted into the UC360.  Is that possibly required in order to store contacts?  or should it just use the 2GB of available internal storage?  I haven't seen documented anywhere any notes that indicate a microSD card is required, but at this point I am just grasping for anything.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 02:13:30 PM »
dhumes0524,

I have never installed a micorSD card in any of the UC 360 I have installed. Also, we typically don't have customers wanting to setup contacts so I have only done it once, but I don't remember running into any issues with it when I followed those steps.

I will download and look at the latest version of the manual when I have some free time.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10