Author Topic: Emergency Notification  (Read 1945 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Emergency Notification
« on: May 04, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »
Hi All -

For my business, I have setup an emergency alert button on my phone to beep and blink when someone in the company dials 911.  I then reach out to the proper team.  I am going towards the softphone and removing the desk phone.  I asked to move this feature to someone else but the team is very mobile and they don't want their phones going crazy when they are away from their desk.

What other options do we have?  Maybe a Micollab pop up notification, or even better.... An email sent out to a distribution group with all info. needed?  I know Mitel has a Mass Notification platform but I am looking for a solution now and one that does not require extra cost.

Thanks!
Bobby

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Emergency Notification
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 05:33:20 PM »
The 3300 is capable of sending an SNMP trap when an emergency call is made, in fact this is what Mitel's emergency notification apps use as their triggers. So, if you have an SNMP monitor that can send alerts based on the received traps, it should be fairly straightforward to set up, just set the 3300 to send the traps to your SNMP server, and set up the alerts in the server.

Phone-based notifications are restricted to non-hotdesk phones, I don't think softphones are supported.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10