Author Topic: Need software or firmware for Mitel 5000 CP  (Read 2652 times)

Offline peter.quiring

• View Profile
Need software or firmware for Mitel 5000 CP
« on: May 01, 2018, 10:58:50 AM »
I have a Mitel 5000 CP HX Controller v6.0(R28) v6.0.9.61 but the Admin&Diag software I have is for DB v6.0.11 which doesn't work (mismatch).
So I either need v6.0.9 DB software or firmware 6.0.11.
I've tried to contact my Mitel vendor -> no help.
I've tried to contact Mitel directly -> no help -> they don't deal with end users -> told me to contact a partner.
Contacted another local partner -> no help.
I would like to get access to the downloads section at mitel.com but they will not activate my account.

Frustrated by the lack of support.  Thanks for this website!

Offline Scotty

• View Profile
Re: Need software or firmware for Mitel 5000 CP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 12:13:07 PM »
I have a Mitel 5000 CP HX Controller v6.0(R28) v6.0.9.61 but the Admin&Diag software I have is for DB v6.0.11 which doesn't work (mismatch).
So I either need v6.0.9 DB software or firmware 6.0.11.
I've tried to contact my Mitel vendor -> no help.
I've tried to contact Mitel directly -> no help -> they don't deal with end users -> told me to contact a partner.
Contacted another local partner -> no help.
I would like to get access to the downloads section at mitel.com but they will not activate my account.

Frustrated by the lack of support.  Thanks for this website!

Your Vendor/Support company should be able to provide it.

The version you are after is the 6_0_9_57-DBP_Plugin (the numbers & versions don't quite tally up)

I believe you have to be a registered Mitel technician/partner in order to get to the downloads section on the Mitel website so your best bet is your vendor.

Offline peter.quiring

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:08:51 PM »

The version you are after is the 6_0_9_57-DBP_Plugin (the numbers & versions don't quite tally up)

I believe you have to be a registered Mitel technician/partner in order to get to the downloads section on the Mitel website so your best bet is your vendor.

Like I said, I've tried that.  They were unable to help.  Trying to find an alternative download website or something.  I got a feeling I'm going to trash this system and get Asterisk.

Offline rotary dial tommy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
Did you buy the system on the 2ND hand market  ?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 10:47:54 PM »

Like I said, I've tried that.  They were unable to help.  Trying to find an alternative download website or something.  I got a feeling I'm going to trash this system and get Asterisk.
Is this the vendor you purchased the system from? The one who hold the license application record and are you in good standing with them (meaning, you don't have outstanding debt that is not on contract or mutual terms with them)?

If so, please PM me the name and location of the dealer, and I can get you in contact with their regional Mitel representative that can put some pressure on them.

Now, if you purchased this system used then unfortunately all bets are off... You need to get the application record moved to an authorized vendor, which is NOT a free service. This is not an Asterisk platform, it is not "free", all users and some services require paid licensing. If you cannot get an authorized representative from the original owner or vendor to sign off on it and release the application record to your vendor of choice you must purchase a new one.

Without more information I cannot assist you further...

Offline peter.quiring

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 07:58:55 AM »
Did you buy the system on the 2ND hand market  ?

No, but I didn't work here when the system was bought. I inherited this mess.

We also are in good standing with the vendor (no debt).

Offline peter.quiring

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 08:30:35 AM »
Someone sent me the correct version and now I'm in.  Thank you!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10