Author Topic: Cannot delete voice mail message  (Read 3851 times)

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Cannot delete voice mail message
« on: April 30, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »
We have a Mitel 5320e desk phone and were are running MiVoice Office 250 software with an on premises Mitel PBX.

We have a particular user that has a flashing message light.  When we class voice mail and check for messages, there are no new messages.

When we log into the our local Mitel web portal / web console, it says the user has 1 voice mail message.  I click the red 'X' to delete and get this:

"message_delete request failed(1): XCPI query unsuccessful"

See error message screen capture attached.

Interesting that the message shows as from reception perhaps.  I have deleted the entire voice mailbox for this particular user's extension, and created a new mailbox, but that didn't get rid of the voice message or the flashing message lights on the desk phone.  Perhaps I did  not delete the voice mailbox fully or properly.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 02:05:41 PM by joshgoldeneagle »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Cannot delete voice mail message
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 02:07:43 PM »
Looks like station to station message waiting, not a voicemail message... did you try just pressing the Message button the set when it was idle?

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »
Hello AceJavelin,

When I press the message button on the desk phone for this user, the phone then calls to reception, instead of to voice mail. 

Not familiar with station to station message waiting.  Perhaps you can point me in the write direction.  That sounds very very likely.  This message does not appear to be a normal voice mail.

Offline joshgoldeneagle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »
Resolved!

This does appear to be a station to station message.

Went to user's phone, pressed message button, which calls reception.  In the past reception had never picked up the call, because the user sits next to the reception desk.  Once reception actually picked up the call, the message and flashing light indicator went away.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 02:58:18 PM »
If this happens again: with the handset in the cradle, press <MSG> * to clear the lamp.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10