Author Topic: No audio only between one set of offices  (Read 844 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
No audio only between one set of offices
« on: April 27, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »
We recently set up a new office and all of them have Mitel 5000s and are configured as nodes for one another. The offices are NY, NJ, TPA, ORL and SF, with SF being the new one. NY can call via internal extension the NJ, TPA and ORL offices without issue (this was always the case). SF can also call those three offices without issue. However, if NY calls SF or if SF calls NY we get no audio. (the IC pickup works but no sound)

I added the SF public ip to the same firewall group and rules on the NY side as all the other systems, but no luck. I tried various other firewall modifications as well. The SF side is set up on the DMZ with no NAT, and as noted, seems to work fine with the others offices,

I'm not sure what to try next. Our technician wants to try putting the NY Mitel on the DMZ as well since it seems like it is a NY firewall issue in his opinion (it's currently port forwarding/NAT), but not being a phone guy, I'm worried about messing up the working connections.

Any other suggestions to try? Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: No audio only between one set of offices
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »
Do you have a VPN to all these sites? Remember that networking of systems cannot pass through NAT (ie. no port forwarding) and must go through direct routed connections only such as a VPN or SD-W/LAN.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »
So here's the strange thing, that even has my tech confused. I have a VPN from NY to NJ, but I don't have one from NY to ORL or NY to TPA. However, in the 5000, the node remote IP address in the NJ, ORL and TPA phone systems, configured for NY is an internal (192.168.x.x) IP address and it works fine. (Putting an internal or external address doesn't seem to work for the new SF system though)

NY is the only one behind a firewall, set up with port forwarding. The others are on the DMZ. Any idea why an internal IP (and it doesn't even have to be the right internal IP of the phone system it seems) would work in those cases but not now?

Edit - just realized that the other sites are using digital phones, and this is the first site to use IP phones, so I assume that's the issue?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:15:41 PM by Rishi »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 09:02:16 AM »
Rishi,

The type of phones used on the system has no bearing on how the Phone System network together. I would start at the beginning and most likely use the Wizard if you are comfortable with setting up Nodes on a system.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10