Author Topic: Strange One-way comms  (Read 808 times)

Offline bigpomaha@gmail.com

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Strange One-way comms
« on: April 24, 2018, 02:39:45 PM »
W have a strange one way communication issue with our 3300.  It seems like it it with certain phones and not sure why.  Here is teh setup.  We have a 3300 at our location. Our 3 other offices when we merged all have a 5000 at each location (Don't ask me why.  I couldn't believe it either). They are setup on A private VPN from out MAIN site to each office.  most of the phones we think work  but we never really tested each of them  since not everyone needs to talk inter-office.  We discovered this with one user that had a 5224 phone (that worked 2-way) and we swapped her with a 6930.  Once we put in the 6930 she only had one way comms.  We could hear them but they can't us.  We have a few other 6930's that work just fine.  So here is the testing i did.

My phone (6930) worked just fine.  Can have 2-way with all offices.

User1 we gave teh 6930 to cannot have 2-way with any office.  All i did in programming is set the MAC and change the phone type.

I swapped my phone with User1 and now i have no 2-way comms with any office and she can talk fine.  All i did when i swapped them was to just chnage the MAC address. 

I did try some other phones in the office and did find out that ALL the 5224 that i tried only had 1-way comms.  However the first 5224 that i swapped out had two way at the station it originated at. 

One other strange question.  I notices that teh MAC address for the older 6930's strart with 00:08: and the newer one start out 08:00.  Is that right?? 

Thanks for any help.

PT

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Strange One-way comms
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 08:44:31 PM »
MAC 08:00:0F is Mitel
The other MAC is ASTRA, now owned by Mitel, and we too have started getting some 6900 series phones with ASTRA MACs.

This could affect your RTP traffic if you are defining your QoS settings on your switches by MAC address, I guess, although it sounds unlikely.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Strange One-way comms
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:49:52 AM »
I've seen something similar when the subnet mask was not correct.

Ralplh

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10