Author Topic: Forward to cell phone  (Read 944 times)

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
Forward to cell phone
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:15:36 AM »
Hello,

We have a few users who would like it if they had a call sent to their desk phone that if the dont answer within two rings it forwards the call to their cell. What is the best way to set this up? I see you can use a feature code but I do not see where you can change the number of rings. Thank you.

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
Re: Forward to cell phone
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »
I had tried the feature code 356 which is call forward if no answer. It rings like 8 times to his desk phone before transferring to cell. If we try 355 call forward all calls it immediately rings his cell but only one ring before it disconnects.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 10:36:05 AM »
JasonPetty,

What version of software are you on? In later versions there is a feature called Dynamic Extension Express that is made specifically for this purpose and the license pretty much comes with all of the new systems.

Thanks,

TE

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 10:39:00 AM »
We are on 6.2

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:11:10 AM »
JasonPetty,

Look to see if you have a license called Dynamic Extension Express under Software Licenses.

If you do then just setup Dynamic Extension Express for those users and then they can turn it off an on when they want. If you also have a DID going to the Configuration Assistant they can turn it on and off via a phone call.

Thanks,

TE

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 11:25:29 AM »
I see you can turn DEE on with 364, is there anything else that needs to be set up for the user?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 11:29:28 AM »
JasonPetty,

I would put the feature codes 364 and 388 on their phone. The feature code 388 is for handoff in case they want to push to their cell phone or pull it back to their desk phone if they are on their cell phone.

If you have control over your Calling Party Number being sent out and the carrier allows for Non-Native Caller ID than you can try to set it up to Propagate Original Caller ID on transfer so they will see the number of the person calling them instead of one of the companies numbers.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10