Author Topic: Can anyone help me with this?  (Read 738 times)

Offline rwaterman

• View Profile
Can anyone help me with this?
« on: April 18, 2018, 02:16:03 PM »
I am having trouble with 5330 and 5330E phones in a 3300 environment. The issue is that when a user receives a call, and picks up the receiver, nothing happens until the press the line key. The other part of this is that when they hang up their phones, the call will sometimes not terminate until the X button is pressed. This issue is slowly spreading to more and more phones in my workplace, and i haven't been able to find a solution yet...Please help !

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: Can anyone help me with this?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 02:30:51 PM »
I am having trouble with 5330 and 5330E phones in a 3300 environment. The issue is that when a user receives a call, and picks up the receiver, nothing happens until the press the line key. The other part of this is that when they hang up their phones, the call will sometimes not terminate until the X button is pressed. This issue is slowly spreading to more and more phones in my workplace, and i haven't been able to find a solution yet...Please help !

Is the incoming call coming in on a line other than the intercom key (very bottom key)?  Surely this is fine for internal calls but possibly external calls are ringing a different line / multicall key?  If this is the case, in the users COS, there is a setting which allows you to pick up the phone and automatically answer other line keys called 'ringing line select' which is disabled in default.

Offline rwaterman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:33:20 PM »
The incoming calls generally come in on the intercom line, whether they are external or internal, and this issue only has been happening intermittently, on various sets, not for every set across the network . Will check the COS though, out of curiosity...Thanks for the idea!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:35:32 PM by rwaterman »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 07:44:42 PM »
I would verify the handset is plugged into the proper jack on the set in question

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 08:41:36 PM »
Also check headset mode is not active.

Maybe you have a really common number used as a FAC for headset.

LOCATE FEATURE EXT {ext} should tell you whether the phone is in headset mode.
Then all you would need to do is find the FAC to turn it off.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10