Author Topic: NuPoint Voicemail Automation  (Read 1218 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
NuPoint Voicemail Automation
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:13:56 PM »
Hello,

I want to know if there's a way to automate voicemail greetings when an employee leaves. For example when their AD account is disabled that would alert NuPoint which would then override the current greeting to let folks know this mailbox is not managed and to call X number.

Our turn over is high and manually updating mailboxes is very inefficient. I know you can upload a file and that would save sometime but there's got to be a way to automate.

thanks,

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: NuPoint Voicemail Automation
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 02:24:48 PM »
I would say no to automation.  Uploading a pre recorded greeting would work, providing the user already has a personal greeting so it would just be a case of replacing the existing file which is mailbox number.vox.  Why not just divert the extension number of the user via the phone or system to another user or destination of the main number?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »
Hi Jason,

That's also on my list of possibilities. However, with the number of employees we have and turn over it's not efficient. I have a hard time believing that a really large company with 1000s of employees would manually do this. I've always thought Mitel was a good product but as we continue to grow I'm not so sure. Maybe there's nothing on the market that can do this but I have to imagine there is.

thanks,

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:01:08 PM »
If you are concerned about calls coming in to ex-employee numbers, then the idea of having multiple answer points, one per ex-employee, is a bad one.

You should instead have one answer point for all calls coming in to ex-employee numbers.

You could use the call-rerouting form or the DID form and send the call to a general office/reception number.
Or send it (via a nametag huntgroup if necessary) to a single NuPoint voicemail box where you can have a callflow that plays the messaging you want them to hear, giving them an opportunity to enter a different extension number to be put through to, or transferring the call to reception.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 08:14:37 AM »
I'd have to agree with Vince.  That's how I'd do it.
Just route the number to a different mailbox that says "no longer here".

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10