Author Topic: MXE 3300 Embeded Voicemail Bulk Changes  (Read 922 times)

Offline anikan

• View Profile
MXE 3300 Embeded Voicemail Bulk Changes
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:53:59 AM »
Apologies if I use the wrong terms, I haven't looked at our phone system in probably 5 years (I don't even have a logon) and due to role changes I now have re-inherited responsibility and am trying to catch up - hope someone can help.

We have an eight year old MXE 3300 running 7.3 for 267 extensions, effectively all with embedded voicemail enabled. We dont have MiCollab or any other feature, just Call Centre.

I am trying to complete an Executives request whilst I parallel research our upgrade options. The requirement is to shorten and standardise the voicemail experience by changing the Non-Busy option to 1 and Busy to option 5 as per http://www.mitelforums.com/articles/3300/mailbox-greeting-options.php.

Our provider has advised
(a) there is no way the default values can be changed
(b) the only means to change the existing mailboxes is via a handset and manually dialling

198 * 999 XXXX 2 2 138 # # # # # # # # # # 1 5

where

198 is out voicemail number
        999 is our admin mailbox
        XXXX is our admin four digit password
        138 is the extension (in this example mine)
        # is hit 10 times to skip menus
        1 is setting Non Busy = 1
        5 is setting Busy = 5

For 267 extensions thats about 4500 numbers that have to be dialled, and 28 for any new extension.

We have been told there is no, zero, zilch, nada, nill, none and no way that this can be done programmatically.

I was hoping someone could tell me something different, a console, hack, FTP, ouija board way I can get this done? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MXE 3300 Embeded Voicemail Bulk Changes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 12:18:36 PM »
Your provider is correct, this can only be changed via the administrator's mailbox, editing the mailbox and using the "technician function codes"... Unfortunately, there is no way to bulk change this setting in the embedded voicemail, you must do each mailbox manually.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
If that's what your executive are asking, then you can estimate the work involved and ask for funding to get a temp in for a week and press buttons for you.

On the other hand, before you waste time on that, and seeing as you have a MiCollab server, maybe you should be using NuPoint for voicemail? It doesn't offer the same kind of rigid options offered by the inferior embedded VM, but it integrates with the desktop MiCollab Client (which you will need to get working), allowing the VMs to be sent to the users by email (a far far superior way to deliver VMs) and allowing users to manage VMs on their desktop (also much better than having to dial in the retrieve messages).
NuPoint also offers editable callflow in the VM boxes - you can probably create a suitable default callflow and roll it out as the default callflow to all the NuPoint VM Boxes, then give your users the instructions for setting up the various messages which they can do easily themselves.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 08:38:24 PM »
If that's what your executive are asking, then you can estimate the work involved and ask for funding to get a temp in for a week and press buttons for you.

On the other hand, before you waste time on that, and seeing as you have a MiCollab server, maybe you should be using NuPoint for voicemail? It doesn't offer the same kind of rigid options offered by the inferior embedded VM, but it integrates with the desktop MiCollab Client (which you will need to get working), allowing the VMs to be sent to the users by email (a far far superior way to deliver VMs) and allowing users to manage VMs on their desktop (also much better than having to dial in the retrieve messages).
NuPoint also offers editable callflow in the VM boxes - you can probably create a suitable default callflow and roll it out as the default callflow to all the NuPoint VM Boxes, then give your users the instructions for setting up the various messages which they can do easily themselves.

Pretty sure he said he did NOT have MiCollab...

... We dont have MiCollab or any other feature, just Call Centre...

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »
In his other post he says he does but it's not working.

Offline anikan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 02:18:34 PM »
Thanks for the posts all - really appreciate the confirmation. Frustrating that it cannot be done programmatically - I am looking at the option suggested - hiring someone to do it.

We do have half-a-MiCollab - everything about our world is 7.X and I have inherited it right at replacement time - whilst this voicemail change is incidental it would have been nice to get one job done simply whilst I look at alternatives / upgrades.

Again thanks for the advice and confirmation.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10