Author Topic: Mitel 6867i cannot dial * codes and shorter numbers  (Read 1582 times)

Offline VincentCA

• View Profile
Mitel 6867i cannot dial * codes and shorter numbers
« on: April 16, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »
Hello guys,
I have a very weird issue with my Mitel 6867i (latest firmware). I’m trying to connect it to Asterisk server and to Integrics server. To both I got in connected, but....

1.   When registered to the Asterisk, cannot dial the VM *97 and actually any * codes, but only when I have a data in the ‘Outbound Proxy Server & port’ fields. If I don’t have anything there, I can dial the *97, but cannot dial out regular numbers. I have the same credentials for the ‘Proxy Server’ and ‘Registrar server’.

2.   When registered to Integrics and the VM code is 97, I cannot dial it. Actually I cannot dial shorter numbers (I don't see the calls coming to the PBX). If I setup my VM code to be 10 digits (5555555555), I can dial it. Looks like an issue with the dialing plan, but even if I add |97 to the ‘Local Dial Plan’, the situation is unchanged.

I used to use before some Aastra phones (older versions) and everything was OK there.

Please help!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 6867i cannot dial * codes and shorter numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:29:29 AM »
VincentCA,

I just looked this up on the Admin manual for this phone type.

The Dial Plan field accepts up to 512 characters. If a user enters a dial plan longer than 512 characters, or a parsing error occurs, the phone uses the default dial plan of “x+#|xx+*”. You configure the SIP Local Dial Plan using the Mitel Web UI or the configuration files.

So, if it uses the typical MEGACO string types then this is not allowing for * codes in the front, but it should allow for any number of digits with a # or * to start dialing.

You can for instance have this as a dial plan *xx|xxxx|x+#|xx+* that will allow you to dial *97|4-digit ext|Any number that starts with 2-9 and ends with #|any number that starts with 2-9 followed by 2-9 and ends with a *.

You can look up MEGACO dial strings and get a better idea of how to program these.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VincentCA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 01:36:48 PM »
Thank you,

but this is not the reason. Now I'm testing on the Integrics. I don't want to switch to the Asterisk for now.

With your Dial Plan, I cannot dial even the regular 10 digits numbers. With the default Dial Plan, I can dial the outgoing numbers, but not 97

But with the default Dial Plan and Without an Outgoing Proxy server, I can dial 97 (the voicemail code) and cannot dial regular numbers.

The dial plan is not the problem, or at least not the only problem. I tested already with  different dialing plans, there is something else wrong.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 01:52:07 PM »
VincentCA,

I am not sure what you have going on with the switches, and I don't know either Integrics or Asterisk servers, but I think you are having other issues. I can help with the dial plan, but not how to configure the phone to work with those switches.

Although it does sound like a dial plan issue it could be something else entirely. I know I had an issue once with a SIP device using 2-step dialing and I had to change it to 1-step to get it to dial the entire string; maybe you have a similar issue.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10